C40 - A Girl At Age Should be Married (2)

Miss Liu pretended to be astonished and inhaled, causing other girls in the group began discussing. A bit shocked, Minglan turned back to the shameful Yanran and then took a glance at the ladies who either took pleasure in the tragedy or avoided eye contacts. The most kind of them just said, in an indifferent tone, a few words to comfort Yanran. Minglan hit the ceiling. She knew they reacted in this way was out of nothing but mere jealousy.

Speaking of it, Yu Yanran had the highest ranking among all the girls. Although her father was just Vice-Minister, her grandfather was Head of the Cabinet with world-wide prestige. The former Emperor granted him a four-character calligraphy praise written by the emperor himself "restriction, diligence, prudence and endeavor", so the family was qualified to make a direct match with the second legal son of the Marquis. Many years ago, they had tried every means to marry Hualan, as first legal daughter of Sheng family, to the second son of a degrading Marquis.

Minglan wanted to relieve Yanran from embarrassment, so she pointed at herself and shouted, "Boys are of course naughty when they are young! What's more, rumors are not reliable. Sister Liu heard I was eccentric and weird before she saw me in person, but look at me, how pretty and kind I am!" Miss Liu smiled in awkwardness while all others burst into laughter. Minglan continued to be cheeky and said, "Am I not right? Am I not pretty or kind-hearted?"

Rulan pointed to Minglan, "You, you, you..." She laughed down on the tea table and held the stomach with hand, not able to ... You may read the left chapter on Flying Lines (click the link below) :D