C199. Dine Out, Family Affairs, National Affairs, Hualan, Hacking... (121.6)

Minglan looked at Hualan with a smile.

First, since Hualan didn't mind Changbai having a concubine, Countess Shoushan who wasn't in a good relationship with Old Madam Yuan shouldn't mind her brother, Old Madam Yuan, marrying another concubine either. Second, First Master Yuan was not good at studying or martial art. The only thing he was interested in was living a life of leisure. But Yuan Wenshao was a sharp-sighted and capable man who had a bright future. Countess Shoushan should know which family she and her children could rely on in the future.

--That was the most essential thing.

"Only three people can know about this." Minglan couldn't help reminding that, "You, Countess Shoushan. After the thing is done, you can tell my brother-in-law. You and him are close to each other. Don't let it hurt his feelings."

"I know what you mean. After the girl marries to my father-in-law, I'll tell your brother-in-law everything." Hualan gave a cunning smile as if she had gone back to her childhood. At that time, her only mission had been tripping up Concubine Lin as many times as she could. "Don't worry! You have nothing to do with this from the beginning."

Minglan was relieved. It was always a pleasure to work with a clever person.

In fact, most of the sons in this era wouldn't mind their fathers having concubines as long as their interests and status in the family weren't threatened. What's more, at that time, with her two children whose bodies were covered with scars in her arms, Hualan would surely be able to persuade her husband when she knelt down in front of him while crying and begging with well-organized and delicate words.

After a while, Gu Tingye and Yuan Wenshao came back. While the latter was asking Minglan to leave the mansion with him with a smile, he never knew that his life had been changed in the short period of time just now. In the future, he would have a very obedient and loyal illegal brother. And the second half of his life was extremely happy and peaceful.

And Old Madam Yuan who was sitting on the brick bed while complaining about her miserable life fiercely wouldn't know that her bad days had just begun.

At the door of the outer yard, Gu Tingye was supporting Minglan to get into the coach. Seeing her being in a low spirit with a flat look on her face, he founded it quite strange. He turned around and saw that Yuan Wenshao hadn't come out yet, then he slipped into the coach and asked Minglan what had happened. Minglan told him what had happened briefly.

Gu Tingye frowned slightly, saying, "Brother Wenshao is too irresolute. His foolish filial piety has not only wronged his wife and children, but also stirred the whole family into a tempest."

"We cannot say he is irresolute. It's all about what is the thing he values the most." Minglan leaned on wall of the coach with a calm look on her face, "My brother-in-law knows that my sister is having a hard time, but he thinks that obeying his mother in every matter is more important. The man who has lots of concubines pretends to have a happy family not because he doesn't know about his wife's sadness. But he puts his own enjoyment before his wife's grievance... But I can't say that he has done anything wrong. We should always put our own enjoyments in the first place while we are alive."

Being stunned by her words, Gu Tingye looked at Minglan who seemed to a bit strange today and suddenly got a very uncomfortable feeling welling up in his mind. The he tried to suppress that feeling and asked calmly, "What about you? What will you do if you feed sad?"

Minglan relied him right away without thinking, "After I have been sad for a long while... I'll be recovered. There's always a way to recover."

After she had come to the ancient times, she finally realized that the women in this age had the most intelligent lifestyles. First, they managed money matters well to guarantee their fundamentals of substances. Then they loved themselves, love their children, loved the nice family of their husbands. Sometimes, they loved their husbands, not too much. The upper limit of their love to their husbands was feeling no sadness when their husbands married other girls. And the lower limit was expressing their everlasting love to their husbands to the point without feeling sick.