C148. Prepare to Get Married (1)

After the whole family had kept low key until the Lantern Festival finished, Wang shi packed her luggage and went north to Fengtian. Then Hai shi took charge of everything in the family. Since Hai shi had already been familiar with dealing with those affairs, the handing over procession got on well. Even there were one or two bold servants who wanted to make difficulties for her, she would just vomit in time and asked Rulan who had always helped Wang shi with the family matters to lend a hand.

Maybe it was because the great personality of Rulan's Sweet Yanjing had had influence on her or she had really grown up, not to mention that she had been filled with pent up anger due to Sheng Hong and Wang shi's fierce rebukes, she just opened fire to those servants,

"You bold-faced thing! How dare you retort my eldest sister-in-law?! Did you answer my mother in this way when she was here? Maybe we should just ask you to leave!"

Welcome to click the external link at the bottom to see all of the updated chapters on Flying Lines.

"I remember you were from Wang family. My grandmother's family always takes the accounts seriously. Do you think you can fool us by showing us this number? You are such a shame for the Wang family!"

"I don't want to hear anything else! You are dismissed right now! And maybe I should teach you a lesson by beating you fiercely!"

......

After she had scolded enough, Hai shi stopped vomiting instantly. Rulan was also in a good mood and went back to embroider her handkerchief from her dowry. Minglan was stunned by what Rulan had done. After a long while, she couldn't help saying, "Fifth sister, you are about to get married. At least you should show some mercy on them, or..."

Minglan didn't know how to continue, so Rulan picked up the words naturally, "Or they will speak ill of me at the outside, right?" Hearing her words, Minglan only stared at Rulan with surprise and thought, 'Since you've already known about this, why did you..."

Rulan looked at the half 'Mandarin Duck tumbling among the lotus leaf' pattern handkerchief lovingly without raising her head. Then she said something abruptly, "You have followed me to see Old Madam Wen last time. What do you think of her?"

Minglan, trying to dodging Minglan's eyes and stammered, "Eh... she looks voluble, invigorating and straightforward..." Actually, Minglan wanted to describe Old Madam Wen as a noisy, edgy and loud woman. However, she couldn't say those words about Rulan's future mother-in-law in front of Rulan's face.

Then, with Rulan's head raised, she rolled her eyes to Minglan and said bluntly, "She's tough to deal with."

Minglan was speechless. Meanwhile Rulan kept talking, "I'm not stupid. I know exactly who's meant good for me and who's not. When I was a young girl, I came to our old house in Youyang. At that time I saw how that old bigoted woman treated our sister Shulan. And I still remember what that bastard Xiucai Sun has done. Sixth sister, I did have taken in your reminding words. And I have thought about if Yanjing was sincere to me."

Minglan watched at Rulan's serious look and listened carefully. Rulan continued in a lower voice, "The reason why I speak those sweet words about Yanjing is because he never hides his family affairs from me. I know about his mother's preference to his brother. I know about his brother's lack of ambition. I also know that his marriage has been delayed for a long time! He has told me in the first place that it would be hard to be the eldest daughter-in-law in his family."

"But you still..." Minglan said lightly.

Rulan interrupted her, saying firmly, "I told Yanjing that I would be obedient to my mother-in-law and treat my sister-in-law nicely. However, I only asked him to promise me one thing, which is supporting me all the time. As long as he can do that, I won't be afraid of anything!"