Lauren, I've Lost

KARLA'S POV

KARLA'S POV

"What are you saying?" Kellee became hysterical after hearing what Zilda just said.

"If you don't want to listen then you're free to go." Zilda look at her with a small smirk plastered on her face as Kellee push her off and run out of the house.

"Mom."

"Mom, where are you going?" -Noah

I shift my eyes on Zilda with a furrowed eyebrows who's looking at me and Noah pretty intensely but then she flash a devilish smile as she speaks. "Enjoy your dinner." Then Zilda started to walk upstairs.

I immediately lent my attention to Noah and comfort him. "Karla, what should we do now?" He worriedly asked so i wrapped my arms around his shoulder. "It'll be fine."

"What's going on?" Noah buried his face against my neck. I can feel the pain and sadness in his voice caused by his own sister.

"Let's leave mom alone for now. It'll be okay, i promise." I caress his back gently. Instead of continuing our dinner, i decided to just take Noah to our room so he can get some rest. Tonight's scene with Zilda is too much to handle.

I help him get on the bed before i pull the blanket over his body to keep him warm. Noah's looking at me but it's so obvious that his mind was off somewhere. I sat beside him and squeeze his hand gently to get his attention. When i did, i flash a tight lipped smile while looking at his hazel eyes. "Don't think about it too much, okay? I'm sure things will be better soon."

Noah smiled timidly, planting a soft kiss on my hand. "I'm really happy that you're here, Karla."

"I'll always be here." I answered before i pulled my hand away and walk over to the other side of the bed so i can take some rest too. "Goodnight, Noah."

"Goodnight, Karla." Then i turn off the light as darkness surrounds the area. I tried to sleep since alot of things happened today and I'm tired but i can't. My mind was so occupied by alot of things. Mostly about my own family and my sister Sophia. I honestly scared to know her reaction when she finds out that I'm her sister. Well, i really don't expect a warm acceptance coming from her after what i did. I know it takes time for her to process everything and I'm willing to wait no matter how long it was.

-

I easily woke up around 6:00 am when i felt my phone buzzed in under my pillow. It was Margaret who texted me that today is the official release of the police report towards Sophia's accident so i hurriedly get dress and head straight to the police station where Margaret is waiting for me.

"Are you the relative of Ms. Sophia Messa?" The desk officer asked. We nodd our heads in response. "I'm her mother and she's her sister."

"Okay, follow me." The officer held a folder that has a mark of "confidental" in it as we go to a closed door room.