The Dirty, Dirty Cheats in the World

Lauren's POV

Lauren's POV

I park my bike beside the tree before I grab my bag and make my way to our house. It was a simple up and down type of house. I can't say we are poor either rich. My mom is the only person who got a decent job to make this family survive in a daily basis and to support our education. My father died when I'm still a baby. Since then, Chris stopped going to school and decided to help our mom by putting up a band.

The Iskunjula Band.

My brother somehow earned a small amount of money by doing gigs and joining competitions. The band was doing well back then until that cold winter came. Chris took me out to have a delicious dinner after winning the big competition they joined.

I can still remember that night.

How happy he is while talking about the band and how hard they fought to win that competition. But then when we reached the 9th street we saw a little girl crossing the lane.

By the looks of her, her family has it all. She wore nice clothes, braided hair, and shining boot. I can easily tell her age is the same as mine.

She's cute especially those brown eyes of hers, but then a strong light hits her. That's when I realized that a dark red car was rushing towards her direction in a very fast speed. Without a doubt, Chris immediately run to save her without thinking what will happen to him.

Everything happened so fast. It's just... the next thing I remembered, the little girl was crying while sitting on the road gasping for some air to breathe. Chris is unconscious. The road where he's laying at was now full of blood. Whereas the car who hit my brother drove away as fast as he can like nothing really happened.

While me? I stood on my tracks, feeling weak. Tears running down my face while looking at my brother's lifeless body.

Since then, I took over the band as well as the responsibility of helping my mom and my younger sister, Taylor. I'm really glad that Vero, Lucy, and Normani helped me to continue my brother's dream: To make Iskunjula famous and well-known in the world.

And I won't deny it, it wasn't easy as I thought it was. It's very tough and challenging for me. I can't barely make a gig due to the fact that a lot of better bands out there exist. Far more famous than we are. And to be honest, I'm losing hope and confidence in myself. But then Ashley came and gave me enough reasons to make my brother's dream became my dream. A strength and will to go on and continue what I love to do in this cruel world where no dreams can achieve easily. My girlfriend is always there support me and that means everything to me.

Ashley means the world to me.

I throw my bag and myself on the couch to take some rest. Today is pretty stressing for me but quite interesting as I can say.