Epilogue: After All These Years

8 years later

8 years later

"Our next guest is one of the hottest names in music and her new album Romance is in stores today. Here to perform "Living Proof," please welcome Camila Cabello." My eyes nailed on the screen that was wallmounted at the lobby of the airport. It was Ellen introducing her guest with a wide smile written her face, so do i. The crowd gone crazy as soon as the big screen split into two, revealing a pink themed stage that match the costume of the choir lined up behind Karla.

Everyone knew her by the stage name Camila Cabello. Just like her fans, i was left like I'm a lost child, mesmerized at how great and amazing she was. 8 years ago when i left for college to pursue my dreams, so does Karla. The only difference is, she didn't finish her college but rather pursue her passion in music by auditioning at the X-factor in Miami, Florida alongside with her dad, Sophia, and her Auntie Margaret.

I can still remember how i support her back then. It doesn't matter if I'm sleeping, I'm reviewing for my exam, doing some thesis, no matter where or what is it, as soon as the tv hits the X-factor, i will grab my phone and cast my vote. Although finishing at the top 3, opportunity doesn't stop there especially when she joined the girl group Fifth Harmony. From their Ep Better Together, Reflection, 7/27, up to their last album Fifth Harmony, i bought it all that's why I'm always broke. But no regret cause i can say it was worth every penny because every song in every album are all bop.

Sadly, Fifth Harmony split up and declared indefinite hiatus due to...well, their shitty label. They decided to part ways instead even though they always landed at no. 1 spot in the charts with every song they released. After the girl group era, my wife decided to go solo, released her album 'Camila', have the no. 1 hit song called 'Havana' and the rest is history.

And for me, my most favorite thing about all of these is the fact that my wife literally wrote two albums for me. After hearing a few songs like Never be the same and Consequences from her first album and My oh my from her second and even her collab with Ed and Cardi B, South of the Border which she literally used "Green eyes'"(which is my fav by the way), i asked her if she's referring to a girl who's name starts with letter L and ends with letter N. At first, she denied it, giving me a lame excuse like it's from her imaginary world but she's a terrible liar, I'll tell you this. And not to mention that her cheeks immediately blushed that night as soon as i bring up that topic. I nagged her about it for the whole time were talking on the phone but Karla always throw back a question like, "Why do you want to know?", "Why do you care?" and "I'm not going to tell you anything." But few days after that conversation, she had this radio interview with Ryan Seacrest which I'm streaming live because she told me to. She was asked who or what was the inspiration behind her album 'Camila' and 'Romance' since it was like all connected to her first. And i swear to god, when i heard her cute giggle i can feel the goosebumps in my stomach. But what made my heart beat so fast and wide smile from ear to ear appear on my lips is when i heard her answer. "The love of my life when i was 16, that's surely my inspiration for writing these songs. It was simply my way of showing how much i love and cared for that person and...you know? Just basically saying thank you for loving me everyday." The only suck part of it is when everyone assumed she's talking about Shawn Mendes. In order to live her dream to the fullest, our relationship should be hidden at all cost cause it's "Forbidden" in the Music Industry. For me, i understand it cause that's how reality works, you know? Even though US already accepted gay people, the discrimination will always be there. But sometimes, i can't help myself not to get jealous and frustrated at times everytime i saw the headlines of them making out almost everywhere in the public. To beach, to the pool, outside the restaurant, and even on Instagram. But there's nothing i can do about it except to trust her. Besides, this is far from worst. Karla literally married a guy she doesn't love back then and we survived how much more a pr guy, right?