Dark Blue is My Favorite Color

Karla's POV

Karla's POV

"Congrats!!!" Brooke's small face with a wide smile plastered on her lips is the first thing that welcomed me after I open the door.

I laugh at the thought of a child greeting me.

"Why are you laughing?" She ask, closing the door behind me.

"Guess your mama doesn't feed you enough milk." I chuckled while taking off my shoes.

"Actually, she fed me a lot of milk until now. I pee milk and I eat milk just to get some tiny little bit of height. But sadly, I didn't."

"That's kinda sad."

"I know." Brooke walk over to the kitchen. After a few seconds, she came out holding a tray of foods that I love-Steak, mashed potatoes, Hawaiian pizza, fries, and hamburger with loads of melting cheese.

"I know you're tired from that competition so I prepare your favorites."

My stomach begins to growl at the smell of it, "Wow! Yum, yum, yum." I lick my lower lips while rubbing my belly as I took the tray from her hand.

"Oh! Before I forgot, did you know that your father will come home this Friday?"

"This Friday? That's the day of my math crap competition on school."

"Maybe he's going to watch you."

"With Margaret? Great." I rolled my eyes, "Does mom know?"

"She does."

"She shouldn't let dad go alone with Margaret. She doesn't even know-" I stop in the middle of my sentence as I grip tightly on the tray. My mind brings me back to that horrible night I wish I'd never see cause it haunts the hell out of me. And no matter what I do, I can't stop myself from remembering it. "Nevermind. I'm going to my room now. Thanks for these."

I go upstairs and put the tray on the table stand beside my bed before I took off my clothes and have a warm shower.

I open my closet and took my oversized Versace t-shirt and my spongebob pajama that I always wear ever since I was a little kid. This was my mom's present to me when I turned 7 and even though it looks like super wear off, the designs already faded a little, and it looks so little to me, I still wear it. Because wearing this makes me feel I'm being close to my mom.

I gulp while staring at complete nothing. I miss my mom and I will do anything just to see her again.

I throw my body on my fluffy bed and put the Netflix on so I can chill and take my mind off from things that's keeping me sad. A bitter sweet smile drew on my lips when I saw Cinderella on my suggestion list.

.....
"Mom, what are we watching for today?" I ask, throwing my body on the couch.

Mom smiled, wrapping her arms around me.