Choose Wisely, C

Lauren's POV

Lauren's POV

"How's the gig?" Mom asked while preparing our breakfast. Tay and I look at each other before I cleared my throat and speak, giving my mom a very short and cold response. "Good."

"That's great to hear. I'm sorry I can't be there. My boss kept holding me in the office last night because of bunch of paper works that we need to finish."

"It's okay mom, we understand." -Tay

"But I know you did well and I'm sure if Chris is still here, he would be so proud." Mom wrapped her arms around our shoulder as Tay and I smiled at her as our response.

Truth is, we got cancelled last night. Again.

I grab my bag and kiss my mom goodbye before I ride my bike. I can't help not to think about what the owner of the 9 Rock Club said to us that night.

......
"I'm really sorry but you can't play tonight." He came up on the stage with a small frown written on his lips.

"But why? We already set up our instruments and we're all ready for this."

"Listen, we all want to earn a better profit." He took a sighed before he continue to speak, "Synesthesia will play here. And let's be honest, they are one of the most famous bands right now and it will give me a better profit."

"So what are you trying to say here, Sir?!" - Vero

"Don't be mad, please. I'm trying to be a wise businessman here."

"Can you not think about money just for tonight?! This is our dream and your killing it right now, seriously!" -Normani

He took a sighed before shifting his eyes on me, "Get a name for your band and we'll talk. But for now, go home." He started to walk away, leaving me in a complete silence while the girls are busy ranting about his decision.

"I'm sorry, I'm going to talk to him." Sophia hurriedly followed him while I took my instrument and started to walk away instead.
......

Build a name, I thought to myself as I park my bike beside the school gate.

-

Karla's POV

I turn around after I felt the ray of sunlight hit my skin. I felt something wet on my pillow and that's when I realized that I cried the whole entire night until I eventually got tired and fell asleep.