Will You Love Lauren for the Rest of Your Life?

KARLA'S POV

Today is the big day everyone was all waiting for: My engagement party with Noah Centineo. Alot of well known people from the music industry are here, big names that are known in the bussiness industry are here as well. In short, whatever I'm about to do today, the family's reputation is at stake. But i couldn't care less.

I was sitting infront of the mirror while alot of people are busy doing my makeup and hair and even assisted me to put on my traditional chinese dress for today's extravagant party. "You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, Ms. Karla." Helen, makeup artist who worked for the family for 28 years, squeled in happiness while looking at me. I forced myself to let out a small smile. "Thanks. Where's Noah?"

"In his dressing room, i assumed, Ms. Karla."

"Alright. Can you all go out for a minute?" I asked and everyone nodd their head before they exit the room. I stare myself in the mirror and took a deep breath to prepare myself physically and mentally for the things I'm about to do. I reached out to one of the drawers of the cabinet to get the picture i printed yesterday before i put it inside my pocket.

I swing the door of my dressing room wide open as i started to walk towards to where Noah is. In a mid distance, i saw Kellee and Zilda walking around the lobby.

"Where's Karla? Why is she nowhere to be seen?" -Kellee

"I'm sure she's out there seizing this big day of her life. Don't worry, mom. There's no way Karla can back out from this." -Zilda

Then Kellee turn around to face one of their men who constantly following their tail everywhere they go. "You, go and keep an eye on things. Don't let anything go wrong." Kellee commanded before they started to walk again.

I look at them with nothing but a pure anger as i turn my face around to look at the left side corner where Noah's dressing room is. I started to walk towards his room and open the door widely, meeting Noah's eyes.

"Karla, you're here." Noah smiled widely. "Wow, you're more beautiful than ever, baby." I can see the excitement and happiness in his eyes but i stood there looking at him while clenching my jaw as i try my very best to contain my anger.

"Can you all go out for a minute?" I asked as everyone hurriedly make their way outside. As soon as i heard the door shut, i walk towards Noah and stop when were only inches away from each other.

"Karla, what's wrong?"

"Do you remember the game that we used to play when we were young? It's called The King's Truth." I saw how smile slowly died down from his face. He is now avoiding my gaze too. "At the end of the game, the King will ask 'Is there anything that you want to tell me?' then the game ends and the truth would be revealed." I paused for a moment to watch how guilt and fear slowly get the best of him. "Now let me ask you, is there anything that you want to tell me?"

"Karla, what are you trying to say? Are you suspecting that I'm lying to you?" Noah asked innocently but the way he speaks right now and his gestures says very differently.

What a great liar and manipulative though.

I scoff while looking at him. "I'm not suspecting you. I know you've been lying to me all this time!" I didn't hesistate to show my anger while my eyes are cursing every fiber of his being.

Our conversation interrupted when someone open the door and Kellee's voice echoed around the room. "Karla, you're finally here." I heard a series of footsteps approaching our direction.

"What's the matter with you two?" This time, it was my mom who asked while standing beside Zilda.

"What's wrong, Noah?" Zilda asked while looking worriedly at him. I didn't leave my eyes on Noah as i speak with my voice a little bit shaky due to too much anger I'm trying to contain. "Noah, stand up. Stop pretending. While i still can get myself to believe you, you better stand up."