Chapter 126 - Isis

Start from the beginning

Finally, she found what she was looking for. The Priestess retrieved a jar filled with a thick sparkling blue liquid. Even at her high level, she only had three of these rare Items. It was for non-human consumption. Isis gestured to the two aides and the Captain.

"Hold her down."

When they had taken their positions, Isis poured half the contents into the Seer's open mouth. She gurgled and choked, her forked tongue flicking out erratically as she hissed in pain. The Priestess sprinkled the rest onto the Seer's body which started glowing a light blue. She arched her body, struggling against the hands that held her down. Seconds later, Thalasis went limp. She shuddered one last time, a long sigh escaping her lips. Finally, she opened her eyes and sat up. Everyone released her limbs.

"How did you know? The internal injuriesss I had were not normal onesss."

"Constantine. He told me the symptoms."

"Thank you, Ghosst Lord. You have freed me from the terrible pain."

"You're welcome, Holy Seer. Rest awhile, I must go help the others while I still have time."

"No, there isss no time to resst. Othersss need me too." Thalasis struggled to sit up.

Isis nodded. The Seer will have to let the blue potion fully complete the internal healing as she worked. Turning her attention to the patient Orc Captain she said, "Show me."

The Captain turned smartly on his heels and hurriedly led the way to his dying mate. The Ghost Lord had healed the Holy Seer when everyone said there was no hope for her. Maybe she could perform another miracle and save his Hannak.

He slowed and knelt beside a horribly half burnt female orc lying on the floor. Patches of crusty blacken skin and crushed pungent herbs framed bleeding wounds and raw flesh. Half dried ichor smeared most of what was left of her scorched leather armour. Her face looked half melted and her rough hair was almost non-existent. It was evident that she had been burnt by a lava hound. Her eyes were closed but she was trembling in pain, bravely enduring her severe injuries. Isis could see ichor stained bone through charred flesh. Hannak had fourth or fifth degree burns. If nothing was done, she had only hours to live.

"Hannak, I am here." He did not touch her. Any physical contact would have added to her pain.

Black beady eyes opened slowly and tears leaked down her wide cheeks. "Leave me be, Vorrok. I am dying." She grimaced. Talking was hard; it stretched the melted skin on her face causing the taut skin to split. Fresh ichor trickled from her cracked lips. "Gakkk ..."

"Do not speak. I have brought the Ghost Lord. She will try to ..." Vorrok's gruff voice broke as he turned away and nudged Isis gently towards Hannak. "Please, help her. I will do anything. Just save her for me, Ghost Lord," he begged.

Without waiting any further, Isis selected a large vial containing a swirly green liquid from her Inventory. She moved nearer the injured orc. "Hannak, I am Isis. Drink. It will ease your pain."

Hannak smiled gruesomely letting out a pained sigh. "Will it kill me Destroyer? I long for death."

"No brave warrior. It will heal you to fight again by your mate's side."

Quickly Isis poured the contents into the warrior's gaping mouth. The concentrate healing potion was one of several she had experimented on and created for Lazarus when she thought it would help him but it did nothing against the nauk dzi vras. Still, it had proven effective against severe physical wounds.

Next she gathered her Energies. A soft green glow flowed from her hands to envelope Hannak. The Captain gasped in awe as his mate's gruesome injuries healed and closed rapidly before his eyes. Burnt flesh and crusty scabs became moist again and new grey skin grew to cover the raw flesh. Hannak's coarse hair grew back and her melted facial skin miraculously healed, warts and all. The stretched grey epidermis loosened forming folds on her neck and wrinkles on her face. She sighed in relief as the excruciating pains faded and she became whole again.