Chapter 125 - Back-up

Start from the beginning

"You are the Destroyer."

"Ahhh, yes, that ..." Constantine coughed apologetically. "I'm sorry. I was just trying to get under his skin and scare him a bit. Do not worry, brave warrior, we are on the same side. If I am the Destroyer I can choose who I want to destroy, yes?" He winked conspiratorially at the worried orc.

"There will be no new hounds now until Mallarg recovers from his shock," the Overlord guffawed. "Quick, we must kill as many beasts as possible before they retreat."

"Oh? I thought Mallarg controlled them," Constantine said in surprise.

"No Ghost Lord," Jarrakg addressed the immortal Gate Keeper with newfound respect. "The Holy Seer says the lava beasts cannot be controlled, only unleashed. The Necromancer opens a portal to summon them, releasing the demons for a specific amount of time. He calls forth only as many as he can influence and stay safe himself. Then he reopens the portal to send whatever is left back to their demon realm. No one can really control the lava hounds. They exist only to kill."

"I see," the Red Warlock mused. "First we must kill the rest of these here for this wave. Then we must find a way to stop Mallarg from opening the portal again. We can't fight forever."

The Overlord nodded in agreement and glanced at the wall. It was still cold but he could see the rime and frost slowly melting away as Thalasis' spell wore off. The baying hounds had quietened. They could hear yips and snarls as the lava beasts jostled in readiness to push forward and pile their bodies up against the wall again.

"I think it is time for backup."

"What backup? We do not have any more warriors. All I have are already manning the walls, even the wounded. The maimed, mortally wounded and dying fill the Stronghold Infirmary."

"You do not have backup, but I do. Stand back. I will call the others. They will be here soon," he instructed.

"Any help is welcomed, human." The Overlord signalled Jarrakg. "Come. We fight while the Ghost Lord summons his allies."

"Yes, esteemed Overlord. The mangy dogs await death!"

Constantine watched as the two orcs restrung their bows.

"Xico!"

"Chosen!"

"Call the others now. Tell them, here." Constantine sent the coordinates of his location to his familiar.

The girls should have some fun too. Kirana would kill him if she did not get any action soon, especially when she knew there was such opportunities in the orc realm. The more dangerous and brutal orc realm was a higher level domain. Fighting, Dungeoning and Questing in it gained Players much better Experience Points compared to the same activities in the human realm. That was how the boys had maintained their huge leads.

Constantine grinned, with the Valkyries' help, he was positive they could wrap this up soon.

He received a chirp in acknowledgement as Xico went to work.

-----

"Ginggar! Vree! Kruk! It is time! Call your Chosens!" Xico screeched commandingly. He was the eldest Familiar.

"Time! Time! Time!" dooked Vree and Kruk.

"Chosen!" Ginggar rumbled in excitement for Kirana.

"Nyx and Jinx!" Xico pulled the two yet unChosen ones into the mind loop. Isis and Kirana had already joined. "My Chosen needs you. It is time to fight. Here." The majestic red falcon soared effortlessly in the clear blue skies above his home as he recited his Chosen's coordinates. He wanted to fight too. He missed the action. He missed his Chosen.