preface

"Hi." Mimi said to me softly as he bowed down to me slightly.

"Hey."

"Did you - you come to see Louis?" Mimi asked me as he welcomed me into their house. I followed him until we were in the kitchen and he went into the pantry. "Louis is - is at work right - right now, but he -he should be - be here in two - two hours. Here."

Mimi hands me a water bottle and I thank him, watching him begin to stand in front of the counter. He wasn't looking at me, but at the counter. I could see him chew his lip and occasionally glance at me.

"I'm not here for Louis, I actually came to see you." I say finally, sitting at a chair that was in front of the counter.

Though Mimi reaches forward and yanked a notebook from in front of me. I wasn't necessarily concerned or thought anything of it, but I could tell it was important to him.

"You - you came to visit me - me?" He asked with a stutter, and I found it cute. While he held on tightly to his notebook against his chest, his cheeks turned a bright pink. His lips held in a straight line.

"Yes. Is that okay?" I question him softly.

"Umm...yes - yeah. You are my - my brothers best friend. It is okay." He says to me and avoided my eyes. "Do you - you mind if I - I - I ask why?"

I just watched Mimi be curious as to why I came to visit him. Except I didn't really have a reason either. I just wanted to see him.

"I just wanted to see you. You're nice to be around." I tell him, and he gasps at my words. I watch his face become pink and I wondered if that was too strong of a come on.

Except I had a feeling there was more to it than that.

"You - you mean that?" He asks quietly, and I chuckle.

"Of course. I wouldn't say something I don't mean, trust me. Has no one ever told you that before Mimi?" I question, leaning forward in my seat as he shook his no. "Well, I'm here to change that, hope you don't mind my presence."

Mimi shook his head so quickly, his hair flying around like little wings. Couldn't help myself with what I wanted to do next and had to have resilience.

"Of - of course not. I - I like you, a - a lot." He murmured, swaying slightly as he held onto the notebook. My eyes widening at how cute he was and wondered if this was real.

"You like me a lot, huh?" I repeat slowly, and he pouted. Puffing his cheeks and eyes closing tightly.

"My - my words can be - be interpreted many ways." He stuttered, but his voice cracked this time. That's how I knew that I would just let myself interpret it however I want.

"You're right. I won't leave you hanging, I like you a lot too. Feel better?" I say as a smile came to my lips. I couldn't help myself with him. He made me smile or feel happy.

Mimi bit his lip softly, and I was hoping he didn't ever bite his lip too hard or too much. Didn't want him to make his pretty lips bleed.

"Yes..." He murmured, and I grin. "Much better, Travis."

❤️