| 19 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

"T-Travis..." I look up at him, becoming nervous as my parents sat in the living room. He cradled my face, my lips trembling as he stared at me solemnly.

"Don't be afraid. I'll be here, and if you need me - just say my name. I'll be here...I won't go anywhere." He promises me, and I don't break eye contact from him. "I promise. I'll make sure that you can see me and everything. I won't go anywhere...just know that I won't let you be sad. It's okay."

I see him press his head to mine, his eyes closing; yet I continue to look at his face. My eyes divert off of him now as I press my face to his chest. Inhaling his scent, I pull back now and see him grin positively.

"Thank you." Is all I say, and he nods happily. My stutter ceased at the belief that he would be there for me...and I believed it. I had full faith...and it made me feel so safe and at ease that my stutter ceased.

I start to back away as I watch him sit down, grinning at me. I turn now, going into the living room and sit before them. They both looked at me calmly...neither of them had a threatening disposition...

Still found myself...afraid.

Except when I saw Travis looking at me with so much care and love in his eyes...I immediately felt better.

"My heart...has never loved so tenderly before...and it has especially never beat so harmoniously for someone." I start, seeing my parents continue to look at me calmly. "Why must I risk losing such happiness all for people who most likely will not accept me as the me I am before them?"

Now they both looked confused as to what I meant, and it kinda...frustrated me.

"Mimi what are you talking about?" My dad questions me, my mom already knowing a bit; but the realization began to cross his face. His eyes moved onto a Travis who was in the kitchen. Except I knew his eyes were on me and he had my back...I wasn't afraid.

"Your stutter is gone." Is all my mom says, and she looks at Travis now.

My dad now looked back at me...his eyes holding a look of...relief. "Does he make you happy?"

I heard myself gasp, a rush filling my body at that very moment. My eyes began to become glassy, my vision blurry. I wiped the blur away as fast as I could so that I didn't cry before them.

To see their accepting grins on their faces...

"He makes me too happy. I love him...s-so much." I confess shyly because at that very moment I felt so free. The comfort that filled my body made me feel a million times better. "I was...s-so scared."

"Why Min-Jun?" My mom whimpered sadly whilst making her way towards me. Sitting beside me, I knew tears were falling when she cradled my face.

"I-I was scared b-because I d-didn't really k-know you two. I-I th-thought Louis would..." I stop myself, just shaking my head fast. "Y-You say it's n-not acceptable to cry, and I-I am s-sorry; y-yet Travis says it's o-okay. Which one is it?"

I look over my shoulder now when I feel someone sit beside me. Seeing my dad rest his hand on it, grinning solemnly.

"Is that so?"

I nod, and I saw Travis looking at me sadly - a hint of worry within his eyes that saddened me more. I don't like seeing him sad for my sake.

"I have always been one to learn off of other peoples perspectives...it's enlightening." My dad stated out of nowhere, causing me to cry even more. "Would you mind if I hear his point of view?"

I shake my head fast, looking at Travis. I didn't even need to gesture or say a word as a he stood, rushing to me so quickly. Once he sat across from us, I couldn't help myself as I rushed to his side.