| 49 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

"I can't believe I am here...w-with you." I croak, looking at Travis as we stood in the LAX airport. My eyes scanned the airport I was once in when I first came here.

I remember the fear...the confusion when I first got here two years ago. I was waiting for Louis at the time and I didn't know my way around. I was even so afraid that I stayed my ground. Didn't even move from my seat even though I could have, but I remember my legs feeling like jello.

Every time I tried to stand I'd just collapse back into my chair. People offered to help but I couldn't even look them in the eye. My nerves were just that bad because I left a place knowing only my grandparents, they were all I knew. Just to come here and know...not even my brother or parents enough to get comfort from that.

I almost found myself wanting to go back even though I was so happy to get away from that abuse... Then found myself wanting to go back just showed how messed up I was.

Except I still couldn't even move...

Reminds me of back then when I wanted to cry and he fell on his knees before me...so handsome.

____two years ago____

I just want to cry...

I came here for my parents research, and now I'm wondering if I should have at all. Doesn't even seem right to me anymore.

Was able to convince myself that this was the right thing, that I'm following in my families plan...but is it even worth it? I feel alone...even now. I ask for my brother's help and he gets bad at me for not being able to figure it out.

I possibly could...but I'm just scared. I just want someone to care about me as much as I care about them. I love my family...but sometimes it feels like they don't love me. Nothing I ever seem to do is good enough or right in their eyes.

Honestly...as long as I'm not yelled at I'll be fine. I hate being yelled at, it scares me. Makes me lose focus and I almost fall into this blank mindset...and I begin to feel nothing on the matter. Just let them yell...until I'm excused. As long as I don't say anything back and let them say what they want, get all of the anger they have for me out...they'll be fine.

It works...but I can't keep doing that. I just want someone to...care about me like I care about them. Where's that one person who will care about me and love me like I do? Is it bad that I want to run from that possibility in fear that I can't love right? Is it also bad that I don't think I know how to like...or love properly at all?

I'm supposed to be smart, but I'm uncertain on love when that should be the first thing I'm certain of. What's wrong with me?

I look up, but saw no one pay me mind anymore after I ignored three workers. I just want a sign...any sign that this worth it... Being here, because I want a sign - I don't want to go back, I don't.

I just need...a sign.

Anything-.

"Mimi!"

I hear someone shout my name, and I look over my shoulder fast at who it was. I couldn't see anybody even though everyone was looking too. The voice was very strong and that's when I saw a very...handsome man rushing down the way.

He looked around and I saw a cop quite some distance trying to catch up. I look back at him worriedly as he seemed to be in trouble.

"Mimi please! Mimi!" He cries out for my name again and now I was really concerned. Why was someone so handsome calling out for me. Suddenly as his eyes settle on mine and this excitement came to his face.

He practically rushed over the seats, only for his foot to get caught on the edge. Causing him to fall on his knees before me, I look down at him in shock as he grabbed my hands.