| 45 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬 + 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

I stood beside Mimi as he was in the line for food at his school. It amazed me how much he'd fill up his plate. Just pack food upon food...and it honestly looked pretty good.

Made me kinda...hungry too.

"You can get some too." Mimi says like he just read my mind. I look down at him and smirk, seeing him smile shyly. "I wasn't really a-able to enjoy my food last time, but I'm craving it again. I'll give it one more chance!"

I smile down at him, seeing to the side of him people staring. Their stares weren't rude...just kind of nosy is all.

I already knew that they knew what had happened between him and Jian. I don't know how many people saw, but it angers me that no one came to his defense. Where are his little buddies Kyler and Hui?

As he paid, I started to take notice of the people that were suddenly wanting to get in line. It really and truly annoyed me because if it was just Mimi I know for a fact they'd be fake.

Or maybe I'm overthinking...no.

"Travis come." He insists, and I follow him. Once he sat at an empty table I pull a chair beside him. Resting my elbow on the table, I grin down at him as he started to eat.

I could tell he has been waiting to eat this and it sucks some bitches got in the way of that. Now he can enjoy it in peace.

"I'm so happy." Mimi moans, eating more as he just stuffed his face to the point that he looked like a squirrel with acorns in their cheeks. "It's so delicious! Travis you must t-try this."

I look, seeing him get get some on a spoon. It clearly was rice, but there were other things in it. If I'm being honest...the smell put me a little off.

Except his excited smile was too much for me to say no to.

I lean forward as I take it into my mouth. Pulling back now, I start chewing and see him go back to eating his food. I mean...it wasn't bad, I could taste chicken in it.

"What was that?" I ask him as I swallow in the process.

"Chicken fried rice. It's so good. You know what else is good?" He waves his hand over his whole tray, smiling. "All of it."

"I'm happy to see you're enjoying your lunch." I murmur, leaning closer towards him. Never did I think watching someone eat would bring me so much joy. He was just so cute about it! So lovely...

As I sat here I began to see people waving at Mimi and saying hi. He'd, of course, bow at them or wave back. All I got from them was fake. It didn't seem like they were doing it for him, it was just their way to...I don't know.

While he continued to eat I notice Jian and one of Mimi's friends walk in together. I forgot his name...what was it again?

Mimi made him upset because he felt what he said was racist. I didn't care, but he did. What...what was his name?

As they spoke together I notice Mimi's 'friend' look over at us. I could tell he was startled to see me and looked away so fast. Whatever he mumbled under his breath had Jian looking over too.

His surprise was clearly evident, but he must obviously want to start something as he walks over. My eyes move back onto Mimi who was only halfway done. I didn't want his meal to be ruined by him, I couldn't allow that.

Especially with how much he's enjoying it...

"Travis." Jian says my name, and I notice Mimi swallow slowly. I take his hand under the table and held it to me. "We need to talk-."

"There's nothing to talk about." I interrupt him, looking at Mimi the whole time. He kept eating with one hand, but I knew it'd slightly slow him down. Except this was making him feel better in its own way.