| 46 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

Sitting before the doctor, I felt so many nerves. I already knew they'd be taken aback that I was a man.

Travis was right next to me and I almost wanted to just curl up onto his lap. It would make the nerves subside...but I knew I couldn't do that here.

As we sat here for some time, I saw the doctor go over the papers. His eyes were scanning it slowly and he never glanced at us once. It made me begin to regret even coming here. Am I fool for having thought I could do this so simply?

I think so.

"So...let me get this straight," He starts, and I look at him now, "Seo Min-Jun, you are pregnant with Iverson Travis' baby?"

"Y-Yes." I nod quickly, noticing his face twist up into confusion. "I-I understand if y-y-you're uncomfortable with this...I-I can leave."

"Mimi what are you doing?" Travis whispers quite loudly to me, and I grin solemnly at him. "We just got here, don't be afraid."

"If he doesn't w-want to do it, h-he doesn't h-have to. I will c-completely understand. I'm not...n-normal here, that's why I-I wanted to do it in A-America; b-but I couldn't wait... That i-is my fault, and I'm sorry-."

"Wait!"

I flinch when the doctor exclaims. I look at him nervously because I didn't know why he was raising his voice at us. I hope...he wasn't going to say something or make a spectacle over nothing.

"I never said I had a problem." He finally says, and I look away from him. "It's different, indeed, but I wasn't against it. I'm a doctor, you have to put aside what you feel and not let your opinions affect your work ethic and job itself."

"Yes...th-that is true..." I nod slowly because I don't know if he was trying to hint he was putting aside his beliefs. Most peoples beliefs are heterosexual marriage and relationships, that's it.

I see the doctor start to write down some things and I scoot back into my seat. My hands in my lap as I look down nervously.

All I felt was regret. I was so driven and now all that drive was gone. I blame the hormones, one-hundred percent.

"Mimi," I feel Travis pull my chair right beside his, grabbing my hand, "if you want to leave, I will understand."

Before I can respond the doctor stood. He was quick to when Travis said that.

"I never said I wasn't going to do it, but if you don't want to anymore-."

"I-I do!" I exclaim excitedly, and he nods forward.

"Okay, then follow me." He starts to walk around his desk and I stood up fast. I grab Travis' hand and we follow him to the necessary room.

I was kinda nervous because I didn't know what to expect. It wasn't scary when we got to the room though. I thought I'd be a little frightened, but all I felt was excitement.

Just standing here and knowing I might see my baby soon...

I froze in place, almost fearful to even walk forward. I don't know why...but I was. It was weird...this fear I had.

"It's okay."

I look, seeing Travis grinning down at me. My lips tighten together as I walk forward now. I sit on the seat like it was a chair, not even fully sitting my body in it.

I wasn't stupid, I knew I was supposed to lay in it. I just didn't want to. I probably should...but I just haven't. My lips tighten together as I felt lots of shame I don't know why. My hands rested on my stomach, only for Travis to rest his hands on my shoulders.