| 60 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

"You know, animals gravitate towards pregnant people," I hear Travis state as we stood before a zoo, "but they don't gravitate towards people they don't know."

I see him glance over at Ardo who looked through the glass at the animal on the other side. I was trying to be nice in bringing him to the zoo for the first time, but Travis still hated him.

"Is that not how all animals are?" He questions him curiously. "Animals not really like things not their own species."

"Oh so factual." Travis mocks him, and he frowns.

"Okay, Ardo there are probably zoos in Jamaica, b-but maybe there's animals here you've never s-seen over there." I state, seeing him nod in understanding. "Travis has never been t-to a zoo either, I went before when I lived i-in China."

"Ooh!" Ardo gasps excitedly, and I smile because I finally met someone who was amazed at me coming from China. Only for Travis to scoff. "You from China? I knew you were Asian, just not know where you from."

I smile, only to see Travis looking forward blankly. Primy in her strapper on his chest, holding her toy and beginning to chew on it.

"That cool."

"Yes...I am c-cool." I grin proudly.

"You are so cool Mimi." Travis gushes, and I smile as I lean into him. Only for me to now look at Ardo and nod forward.

"We just need t-to give them our tickets and then w-we can go in. Look at all the sanctuaries and a-animals! Even Primy g-gets to see!"

I clap my hands excitedly before her and she starts to coo. Ardo clapping with me only for Travis to turn her out of his view. That instantly made him smile, standing back up straight as he looked forward.

"Travis stop being s-so mean." I whisper, causing him to pout. "He's just...n-new here. I have to sh-show him what's f-fun. Don't ruin th-this for me!"

Travis eyes softened, only for him to sigh as he nods.

"Okay...I'll make sure to not be as mean."

"Travis-!"

"Oh! We are up next." Ardo speaks up, and he ends up walking forward. I look at Travis with narrowed eyes only for him to look away from me.

I see him go on ahead as he pulled out his phone since we had our tickets on our phones by QR code. Ardo had his own, seeing him already ahead and looking around excitedly already. Once Travis had our codes scanned we were able to walk forward, and I rush up beside Ardo now.

"Any area you want to s-see?" I ask him, and he points at the huge wall that showed all the different parts of the zoo.

"Antarctica area." He smiles and I smile at him to see how happy he was about this. We look at the posts to see where we'd need to go, and once I figured it out I pointed forward proudly.

"I w-will lead the way!" I march forward proudly, and Ardo marches right beside me. I saw Travis following behind with this funky looking attitude that made me want to throw up on his face. Primy was still just teething on her toy as she watched us at the same time.

The further we walked I began to stop marching, this disgusting smell going up my nostrils. My hand flew over my mouth as it made me want to throw up.

"You smell shit?"

I look, seeing Ardo look at me with this knowing smile.

"Yeah...I d-do. It reeks, makes me n-nauseous. I'm pregnant, so I a-am more susceptible to nasty s-smells." I state, and Aldo's eyes widen.