| 43 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

"Hey, Min-Jun!"

I look over my shoulder, seeing Jian walk towards me. It took me aback because I wasn't ever friends with him...he was friends with Travis.

My lips tighten together as I face back forward, grabbing my tray.

"Since when did you eat at the school? I thought you were more online-oriented?" He asks me, and I nod down at the buffet. "What?"

"I'm h-here...for the food. I'm h-hungry." I state, filling up my plate with food. "I-I don't usually come...once I'm d-down with my m-morning classes, I go home; but... This smelled s-so good, I wanted it."

I licked my lips as I grab some dumplings.

As I filled my plate I could see Jian look taken aback by that. I just look away from him because I already know he's wondering how I'm eating so much. Well...it's not necessarily just me, but I'm not saying that.

"How humble of you to eat with us." Jian chuckles, grabbing a tray. "It sucks that Travis wasn't able to see my band and me. You weren't able to either, you still can if you want."

"It's f-fine. I'm too distracted with t-training and games for Nationals." I state, grabbing a spoon as I shove my face with rice so that I wouldn't have to speak.

"I mean, understandable. You have to keep that image, but it's always good to take breaks. Like with my band we..."

I found myself tuning him out as I paid for my tray. Walking away as I went to table by myself, I sat down only to see him sit across from me. My eyes diverting off of him, I tried to make it obvious I didn't want to speak with him.

I'm...still upset with Travis. Last night he embarrassed me. I wanted to do sexy stuff with him and he said he had to go. I knew I wasn't sexy...but it was worth a shot.

Now I found myself pouting as I eat faster. That's when I notice one of Jian's bandmates sit with us now. He looked cool too as he glanced at me and just faced back forward.

"Nǐmenliǎ shíme shíhòu kāishǐ shì péngyǒu liǎo?" ( Since when were you two friends? ) His friend questions him in confusion as he pulls out a pack of cigarettes. Saw him open the package and I found my eyes widening on him.

Only for me to see him count the number he had as he closed them. Found myself sighing in relief as I began to eat again.

"Wǒ rènshí tā de měiguó péngyǒu, huán jìdé lǚguǎn lǐ nǐmen shuō de nà gè shuàigē mǎ?" ( I know his American friend, remember the one from the hotel that you guys said was handsome? ) Jian tries to remind him and I saw his friend gasp.

"Nà shì tā de péngyǒu? Tài shénqí liǎo!" ( That was his friend? How amazing! ) He suddenly looked more alive as he faced me now, smiling as if I was a friend now. "Nǐ néng dài nǐ de péngyǒu lái cānjiā wǒmen de xùnliàn mǎ? Wǒmen dū xiǎng jiànjiàn tā. Nǐ zěnme huì yùdào zhèyàng de rén? Wǒ hěn hǎoqí, yīnwéi wǒ xiǎng hé tā zuò péngyǒu, Jiǎn tā hěn kù...wǒ xiāngxìn tā de huà." ( Can you bring your friend to our practices some time? We all want to meet him. How did you meet such a person? I'm highly curious because I want to be friends with him, Jian said he's cool so... I'm going to take his word for it. )

I just look at him, almost perplexed by this whole new side of him. He seemed so hard and stone-faced before. Now he's excited and more vivid...over the fact that he wants to see Travis?

"Wǒ shènzhì méiyǒu...zhīdào nǐ de míngzì." ( I don't even...know your name. ) I state to him, and he frowns. Only to snort as he nods slowly.