| 39 | 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

"I-I want a...distraction."

I sat beside Travis before our Christmas tree in my apartment, grinning softly at the small size. All the big ones were gone, so the small one was what we got; but I feel like it has more symbolization.

"What kind of distraction?" Travis asks me as he sighs. "I'd have many places to take us if we were in America, but-."

"That's i-it!" I exclaim, and he looks up at me in shock. "Let's...g-go to America."

"Mimi I don't know what you think this is, but it isn't that easy to go there. You can't just up and go there." He tells me, and I raise my eyebrow. "My ticket to leave here is on January the seventh. To move tickets...I don't think it affects anything, but say you are able to go there - what about school for you?"

I flinch, almost forgetting that I still go to school.

"I will have to go back and start practicing again for the basketball season. What about your tennis? When does that start for you?" He asks me, and I gasp.

"B-Begins in the middle of J-January...the Nationals a-are in May - which I h-have always participated in. Th-That ends...in the end of May..." I tell him, and the both of us look at one another. I could see pain begin to fill in his eyes and I shook my head fast.

"Being away from you...hurts me. Just thinking about it makes me want to pause at this very moment. To think this isn't going to be permanent...should I have even come here-?"

"O-Of course you should've c-come here!" I cry out, grasping his face. "I n-needed you, and y-you needed me. We both c-couldn't wait anymore. It's g-good you came here...d-don't regret it n-now."

Travis grins at me, cradling my face.

"I don't regret it. I was just wondering because now I'm used to this nice feeling of having you with me. I'm not sure I can handle being away from you after I have gotten my happiness back-."

"You c-can still keep that h-happiness." I interrupt him, my eyes widening on the bulletin board on my wall. I stand up fast as I rush towards it. Pulling off all of my old notes and schedules, I take it off the wall. I set it before him and he looks at me curiously.

I get up again and go to a drawer, pulling out papers, pens, and tacks. Once I sit in front of him again I nod down at it.

"What's this plan you seem to have come up with?"

"A p-plan for what we w-will do. We won't...b-be with each other for some time, a-again. I don't w-want you back in th-that state you once were. How about w-we call, FaceTime, any of those! - everyday?" I start to draw a calendar of a supposed week.

I put all the seven days, and look at him.

"I am t-twelve hours ahead o-of you." I state, and he nods. "So...w-we can take t-turns. On the odd days starting from S-Sunday, you call me at eleven in the m-morning. It'll be eleven for m-me at n-night. On the even days for me st-starting Monday, I will call at eleven in the morning m-my time. It will be night for y-you. We can d-do that."

I see him look down at me, and he looked so solemn. My smile cracks because I was just trying to be positive. Thinking about the negatives will tear me apart much more than it will him. I can't afford thinking negatively.

I'm trying...not to crumble all the time at the thought of me not being with him after the day he leaves.

"For how long?" He asks me, and I was about to answer. "How long can we do that for? There might be nights I'm still in a game on the times you call me, I might still be at practice. What if you are busy? What if we are just too in over our heads? What if-?"