| 51 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬 + 𝙼𝚒𝚖𝚒

"You have to sign an agreement."

I look at the doctors, my eyes wide on them as they hand me a clipboard.

"You have to sign that if something happens to your partner or the baby, it isn't the hospitals fault." I am told, and I look at them like they were crazy. "Can you do that?"

"Wouldn't it be the hospitals fault? You guys are supposed to protect both. He has the baby, and we both leave with her - together. There's nothing else to it." I state, causing them to glance at one another. "What if I refuse to sign?"

I suddenly see my mom rushing before me, grabbing the clipboard. I see her sign it for me and I gasp as she hands it back. As they walk away I look at her like she's crazy.

"You have no choice but to sign it. It just makes things easier." She mumbles, shaking her head at more of them than me. "Your dad had the same reaction. It'll be fine."

"And what if it isn't?" I panic, seeing her look at me. "I can't...have Mimi die on me from this. I couldn't be a fit father without him-."

"Yes you could, calm yourself," She nods over at the door of the room Mimi was in, "It really isn't something I'd worry about, but it can be a traumatic experience, especially if your loved one isn't there with you."

I nod, beginning to feel bad that I was just panicking out here instead. When Mimi is the one who has to suffer and do all of the hard stuff.

Rushing towards the door, I open it and enter in fast. I see Mimi on the bed, his hands on his face as I saw them covering him. It was obvious he was crying and I knew it was because of the pain.

"Mimi..." I croak, rushing towards him as I cradle his face. He looks at me with wide eyes as if he didn't expect to see me.

"Travis...?"

"Yes baby?"

"I'm so s-scared." He whimpers, and I could see the fear within his eyes. I grin at him as I cradle his face, just wanting to keep him from seeing such a thing.

"Just...think about other stuff asides from this."

"L-Like what? It's impossible...I j-just don't w-want to die." He whimpers, and I glance at the doctors. They were already working on him and I just look at him now. I turn his head onto me.

"I want you to keep your eyes on me. Don't think about anything else. Think about those happy thoughts you placed in your mind before. What were they...?" I murmur, and I see him trying to think of such a thing.

Except I could tell he was getting distracted by the feelings and the sounds. I tried to cover his ears with my hands, but that only seemed to make him panic more. His eyes filling with tears as he shook his head.

"Mimi think happy thoughts, it's okay." I murmur, looking over to see them still working on him. My eyes widen to see the blood and I tried to stop myself from panicking too. It was him they were operating on, not me. I have no right to panic, but I almost can't help myself in doing so.

As I look at Mimi again I see him begin to gasp, his eyes widening on me as if something was just taken from him. I didn't understand what until I heard a soft baby cry. Now I found myself gasping in front of him too, the both of us looking at one another in shock.

Neither of us seemed to be able to turn our heads, but we both could hear her.

"She sounds so b-beautiful." Mimi says first, and I couldn't help myself as I look.

When my eyes set upon her I found my vision instantly become glassy. I couldn't see her anymore as I tried to hold it together; but there came a point when...I couldn't anymore.