| 7 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐬

"So school is tomorrow..." I sit beside Mimi as we sit in my car before my house. We were just in the back of the car and sat here calmly, leaning against one another. "How are you feeling about it?"

Mimi wraps his arm around mine, laying his head against it. I shove my hands into my hoodie pockets as I lay my head atop of his softly.

"I-I feel n-nervous. W-what if they d-don't like me? I t-think they w-will not." Mimi confesses to me in a tone that let me know he truly was nervous. The day was close to ending and once he falls asleep, he'll wake up to having to go to a new school.

A completely new environment, people, and social normality. I wouldn't say it's as bad as people make it out to be...just don't give people reason to be mean to you.

"I think people will like you. In all honesty, I don't think you should care about what people think of you. In my opinion, I genuinely think you'll do just fine." I say with full-on honesty.

Only for Mimi to pull back from me and he looks at me fully. His eyes were very serious, making me wonder what he could be thinking to look so serious.

"D-don't lie. B-be honest."

"I am being completely honest." I nod confidently, causing Mimi to pout. My hand rests upon his shoulder and I didn't know any other way I could go about this for him to believe me.

"T-the stuttering...I-I k-know it w-will annoy p-people. I-I might start my m-medication again." He starts to gaze off and really contemplate such a thing.

I shook my head at such a thing, remembering how he said he didn't like how it made him feel.

"That won't be necessary, I promise. Why don't you...get some spray or cologne that is flower-scented? Flowers ease your stuttering, right?" I remind him.

I see Mimi inhale deeply, noticing him lean towards me. His head laid in the crook of my neck. It wasn't anything inappropriate, but as if he was just laying there about to doze off.

Until he pulled back, looking at me softly.

"Just being able to be around you and your scent calms me...enough. Just like the flowers. Maybe..:it's your laundry detergent...or soap... Can you give it to me?" He asks me calmly without any shame.

I don't think he realizes how cute, yet weird he sounds. He just outright asks for my soap and laundry detergent...how will he be in school?

I'm just certain he will do just fine, but he might set himself up. I don't want him to let his nerves get the best of him.

"I don't think it's those things." I chuckle awkwardly as I was grabbing a cologne from the back of the front seat. "I kept this in the car as a precautionary measure. You can have it if you want."

Mimi takes it, taking the lid off and I watch him smell it. Only for him to suddenly sneeze from such a thing.

"I-it's too s-strong." He coughs a bit only for me to frown.

"That's what I'm wearing right now though." I chuckle at how cute he was being. Mimi leaned back against me and I turn completely.

The both of us look at one another entirely and I cradle his face.

"I-it doesn't s-smell l-like that...y-you smell so m-much better. I f-feel bad...t-that y-you have to h-help me m-more than be-being my...um..." Mimi started to glance off only for me to turn his head again. He looks at me now and I smile.

"Were you going to say boyfriend?" I raise my eyebrow at him, and he immediately blushes. "Are you fine with becoming exclusive so early on?"

"O-of course!" He exclaims loudly, only to lean back shyly. I watch him look away from me as if he was thinking about some perfect thing to say to me. Like he needed any type of words to be perfect...when I already saw him that way.