09 𝘸.𝘣.

[you were the last to see will before he disappeared]

while it was late you had still forgotten the mail. most parents would just want to wait until the morning, but not yours. luckily for you, your mom and dad were at a bingo special and let you have the opportunity to go and grab the mail.

as you walked out, there coming up was will byers. the two of you weren't crazy close but you're still friends. "oh hey will!" you yelled at the biking boy. he stopped his bike and turned towards you, smiling, "oh hey y/n, what are you doing out this late?"

        you role your eyes as you stand with the mailbox open, holding a group of letters and bills. he looks down at your hands and laughs, realizing his mistake. you join him in laughing and then stop, leaving a sudden silence. "what about you and your biking trip?" you asked, closing the mailbox.

        "just coming back from mike's, i'll see you at school tomorrow," will said, nodding a little before smiling once more and heading out.

———

        "so you saw him last night?" hopper asked, sitting in a seat across from you. you nodded, "yeah it was fairly late, before my parents got home. he was biking out from mike's house and we said hi and then he left." hopper listened, trying to figure out what happened to him after that point.