12 mike

☆彡 connectionangst

☆彡 connection
angst

      static begins to play through the walkie talkie, the antenna trying to catch something, anything from your world. your hands shake as you try the usual channel that the group would use. "please please please," your eyes begin to water as you lean your forehead against the contraption.

    "we're going to be fine," will whispers, putting his hand on yours. as you look over at him, his facial features and shaky hands say otherwise. "are we?" you ask, looking to the walkie talkie and back to your brother, a frown resting on your face. he hesitantly nods, trying to give you a reassuring smile.

    despite your want to just turn off the walkie talkie and sit in silence as to not bring anymore monsters, it crackles. a different crackle, like it caught something. "hello, who's there? over," you speak into the communication device, hoping to reach someone on the other side. it crackles once more, your eyes widening in anticipation.

    "y/n?? is that you?" even though the voice cut out by loud crackling, you can tell it belongs to mike. you fumble to press the talk button, "yes! well me and will, we're stuck in this other dimensional looking place." you try to explain the situation to your fellow classmate, friend, possibly something more someday.

    a small laugh rings through as he sits up in his fort, "i can't believe you guys are alive! well, i can, but no one can find you!" you looking between will and the walkie talkie, giving him a chance to speak as well, talk to his friend. "duh we're alive, wheeler, but there are things out here, large, slimy things, that are trying to kill us," will mentions, trying to get across the urgency of the situation.

you lean your head back against the tree behind you, trying to gather yourself. "we're going to find you, we have to," mike exclaims; however, the crackling begins to become more intense, "where did you guys go?" you let out a small sigh, looking around the decaying and contorted trees, "there was something off the street that heads to our house, some monster thing, and honestly i can't remember most of it."

"it'll be okay y/n, i can't wait to see you, because i will see you again," he tries to sound reaffirming to you, but the tone of his voice almost felt self-soothing to him. "i can't wait to see you mike, you never knew this but..." you begin to mention; however, the crackles comes to an all-time high, the connection seemingly ending.

you smack it, trying to somehow bring it back to life, "no no no! that was our shot, will. and now it's gone and we're going to be alone forever or dead." tears begin to fall down your face, landing on your clothes. "not if i have anything to do with it, we're going to be fine, you're going to see mike again. you'll have your happily ever after, i promise," will grabs your hand, wrapping his with yours as his eyes begin to tear up too.

- requested by aki_zero10
- word count: 527