13 𝘸.𝘣.

˚*̥ collision  *̥˚
fluff

     a mixture of blue and white lights engulf  the roller rink, the aroma of sweaty kids and fried food sends you spiraling into an annoyance. "okay, so one hour, and then we're gone?" you tilt your head towards your normally accommodating brother. "fine, oh, jack is here!" he skates off, his normally fast appearance becoming hindered by the carpeted areas. within another minute, you finish tying your skates. 

     you set your right foot onto the slippery floor, and within a second of lifting your other foot, you begin to fall. "watch out!" you shout instinctively to whoever is near. while you hope for no other accidents, a teenager collides into you, sending him and his flannel falling to the floor. you lay on the floor, instantly feeling the judging eyes of those around, "all is alright! i hope!" you try to calm the crowd, sitting up, somewhat dazed.

     "i don't think that applies to everyone in the accident," the boy's soft voice coming across as rather concerned to you. you turn to look at him, a scrape on his forearm and a frown on his face. you scramble to get up while using the wall. for a moment, you help the mysterious boy up, making sure to get him attached to the wall before any further accidents occur, "i am so sorry. i haven't gone skating since i was a kid, and therefore am very bad at it. do you need help to the first aid or anything?" 

     the boy looks over to you, a smiling spreading across his face, "i should be okay. um, plus they probably wipe it down with the slipperiest substance on the planet every five minutes, so it's not really your fault- i'm will." while holding onto the shortened wall with one hand, you hold out your other, attempting to shake his. "i'm y/n, maybe better known as the clumsiest person on earth- i'm actually only here because of my brother."

     "i have a brother too," will shakes your hand, letting go of the wall, somewhat showing his superior skating skills, "he's out of high school now, so wouldn't really come to this thing. but, i'm sure this'll end up being fun nonetheless." you nod, looking around the crowd as dies down, the commotion ending with the two of you exiting the rink. "yeah! besides the whole collision and accident thing, and the fact that despite going to school with like half of these people, i don't really know any of them," you mention, shrugging as you sit down at one of the nearby tables.

      will laughs, "you have no idea how much i relate to that. lenora hills is an awful school for someone coming from illinois." you push his shoulder, completely unconsciously ignoring the accident and the pain that likely came from it. "i go there too! i wonder if we have any classes together, however, i don't remember seeing you around," the two of you ponder the possibility of maybe being in classes together. "well, y/n, maybe we can stick together some."

- it's stranger things season baby. no spoilers in chat as many people might not have seen it. I'll likely use scenes from season 4, but for a bit I'll make sure they're not spoiler filled