01 𝘫.𝘣.

☆彡 unexpected conversationsfluff

fluff

jonathan stands behind you, his arms crossed, body tense, "why are we even out here? i mean why are you even helping me?" he questions your intentions, knowing that the two of you rarely ever talked, definitely not enough that the two of you were doing your own search party.
"because... will is a kid with a family, your family, and i can't help but want to help in some way," you turn around to look at him, lightly biting your lip. he sighs and continues walking, leaving you to follow him down the path; jonathan shouting out will's name.
you catch up to him, wondering why he was being so upset with your presence, "what's your problem jonathan? i'm genuinely here to help you, so why are you so upset with me?" jonathan turns around, his hands grabbing your shoulders, his jaw tensing up.
"because i don't like most people, but somehow you're so likable, able to wiggle your way into my life without me being able to think!" jonathan exclaims, like he was letting everything running throughout his head out. you look away from him and back, "the reason that i'm so 'likable' is because i'm trying to be! okay, i like you! is that what you wanted to hear or something? i like you, a lot!"
he takes a step back, letting go of your shoulders. suddenly, every tense muscle in his body let go. "you like me?" he asks, his eyebrows raising in surprise and wonder. you nod, "yes you dumby! i like your hair and your photography and how much you care about your family and the nature around you, you're the perfect guy and anyone would be lucky to have you."
"anyone would be lucky to have me? y/n, you are always a joy to be around, like there's this aroma of... awesomeness.... that's the wrong word, it's just you're great and somehow you do everything right," jonathan mentions, sighing, calmly.
you envelope him in a hug, holding him close, his camera digging into your side as the two of you hold tightly, "i was waiting for you to notice." he rests his head on your shoulder. "maybe you should've dropped more hints," he mutters quietly, his hands wrapped around your body.