08 dustin

☆彡 sappy momentsfluff

☆彡 sappy moments
fluff

"it's not your fault-" you try to explain to dustin, a tear falling from your face, whether it be caused by frustration or sadness. however, he quickly looks to you, his own eyes filling with tears as you stop talking, "but it is... i got him involved, and now the whole town thinks that he was a killer who deserves nothing, not even a proper funeral."

    you grab dustin's hand, both of yours holding onto his. now, the both of you sit in silence, tears quickly streaming down your faces. between glances and frowns, the both of you lean against each other, both somewhat emotionally and physically. maybe it was the connective atmosphere or something else, but you can feel him kiss your forehead, right near your temple at your hairline.

    he then leans his head against yours; the both of you look ahead, not quite knowing what to say. however, as the silence gets to be tenser and unbearable, you speak up, "we're going to be okay, and the reason i know that is because eddie is watching from somewhere, and he's never going to let you, or me, ever get hurt ever again."

    "you really think that?" dustin sits up, using his free hand to wipe the tears from his face, the puffy, red remnants still left behind. you nod, looking him in the eyes, "yes, i think that he would want you to be happy, or at least, not be moping about your dungeon master." you try to give him a small smile; however, it appears more like your normal appearance, not much happiness left within.

    "maybe you're right, eddie, he was something... incredible," dustin mentions, looking over at you, the same fake smile making its way to his face, "and he would know to never waste a moment, and to keep moving." you nod to his response, knowing full well that eddie would want the best for his players.

    an instance of somewhat relief and relaxation hits you, like every other emotion within you finally slowed to a normal level. maybe it was the environment of dustin's living room; maybe it was dustin's ability to always make you comfortable and vice versa in situations that would be unbearable without.

    he looks over to you once more, your faces closer than before. "thank you y/n, i don't know where i would be without you," dustin smiles, his hat now leaning back slightly. you notice the small imperfection in one of the most perfect people you know and go to fix his hat. however, as you lean in to do so, dustin kisses you.

    it wasn't uncomfortable, or inappropriate, it was perfectly amazing in any sense of the word. "woah, um was not expecting that," you say under your breath as the two of you sit back. he look back at you, "i thought... oh my, i'm so sorry if i made you uncomfortable." you shake your head, scrunching your nose slightly.

    "you didn't make me uncomfortable, i liked it," you shrug towards the boy, a nature smile on your own face. he lets out a sigh of relief as the two of you relax against the couch. the initial awkwardness of everything slowly coming to a stop as dustin starts a show on a nearby television.

- requested by Asri3l_Shro0m_Blo0m
- word count: 558