06 𝘫.𝘩.

☆彡 check upsfluff

☆彡 check ups
fluff

your fist slams against the house's door, letting the hard knocking shake the front of the house, "hopper? i've been told that somethings been off..."

you hear the low grumbling of a hardened, and likely grumpy, town sheriff. the loud noise of him making his way to the door can be overheard. suddenly, the door swings open, revealing a disgruntled man.

a cigarette hangs low from his mouth, his work uniform untucked and messy, a messy house littered behind him. "hi hopper, typically i don't make house calls, but the guys at your station called me up," you cross your arms, raising an eyebrow at the man.

despite your knowing of his cigarette use, you can't help but find yourself grabbing it and stomping it out with your shoe, "let's start there..." he narrows his eyebrows at you, a frown forming upon his face as he turns around, leaving the door open for you to enter.

"what do you want?" hopper opens the fridge and grabs one of the last things in there, a beer. the sweaty beverage hangs in his hand as he stumbles around to find an opener. you slam the door behind you, making sure to alert him back to your presence, "i want you to get off your ass and come do your job so that your employees will stop harassing me."

    he nearly laughs in your face; however, the look of concern on your face kept him from doing so. "i'm taking a sick day, is that all?" hopper opens the beer bottle, the lid falling onto the ground, a small collection making its way together. you quickly grab the bottle from him as well.

    "no, because you're obviously not sick, hopper. unless you want me to check your temperature, champ?" you set the beer bottle onto the counter and dig throughout your bag to find a small thermometer, making sure to pull it out and show it to hopper, "this one seems perfect to me. in fact if you want, i can even get the anal-based thermometer."

    hopper raises an eyebrow at you, rolling his eyes in the process at your jokes and attempts to lighten the situation, "y/n, you can leave my house now, i'll be down to the station in a bit. and just because you're the town's doctor doesn't mean you can just burst into my house."

    "actually, it absolutely means i can, especially if you let me in, like you did today," you toss the thermometer back into your bag, making sure that everything is together. you begin to close the door behind you; however, you stop momentarily to look back at the man. "i know life can be hard, don't ever feel bad for calling hopper."