07 billy

☆彡 swing and stepfluff

☆彡 swing and step
fluff

a punch bowl, likely filled to the brim with alcohol, sits on a table of assorted junk food. besides the table stands you, arms crossed as your eyes check the clock constantly. your friend, nancy, practically begged you to come with for your senior year, and so you gave in. however, as time goes on, she disappears into the crowd with jonathan.
you bite your lip as you notice a mere hour left before it finally ends. when you look away from the clock, you meet eyes with billy hargrove. his infamous title in school making you nervous as he walks towards you. "y/n?" he holds out his hand to grab yours. you take it, expecting a handshake of some sort from him; however, he surprises you by lifting your hand kissing the back of your palm.
"i've noticed that you haven't had a date her tonight," he smiles towards you, tilting his head. you nod, recrossing your arms after freeing your hand from his grasp, "yeah, nancy wheeler wanted me to come with since it's our last year, and she disappeared somewhere within the crowd. now it's just me and this table."
billy looks towards the dance floor as a slow song begins, "well how about we change that?" for a second it kind of felt like a joke, as if this was all a dare concocted by billy and his party friends. you look back at the clock and then towards the boy, "with the infamous hargrove? mmh why should i?" this sudden flirtatious persona overtakes you as you smile back.
"well, i could rock your world, or maybe just your senior experience," he holds out his hand once more, his whole body shifting so that he looks as if he's about to walk away. you take it, knowing of the prying eyes of those jealous or judging. the two of you make your way towards the dance floor and begin slow dancing to a beautiful song.
your head rests on his shoulder as he leans his head against yours, slightly swaying beneath the music. "so what's your plans after hawkins high is over?" he questions, his breath hitting your ear ever so slightly. you never really thought about life after hawkins high, maybe go off to college, maybe visit the world, you had never fully considered it.
as his feet move perfectly, you give him an honest answer, "maybe travel the world, maybe go to college. i don't quite know hargrove." beneath the music and the feeling of the rhythm as it shakes the dance floor, you can feel the boy smile against your temple. "maybe we could experience it together, the world, i mean," billy mentions, leaving you to stand back for a second.
he leans you into a twirl, pulling you back in and continuing on throughout the dance. "give me one good reason as to why the two of us should experience the world together, hargrove," you take the time to whisper into his ear, sending shivers down his spine. billy's hand slips from your upper back to your side, his hands making sure to hold onto you.
    "because shouldn't lovers experience things together?" a cheeky grin spreads across the boy, his eyes lighting up as the two of you make eye contact. you roll your eyes playfully, biting your lip in the process, "oh we're lovers now, are we?"
    for the first time in your life, you saw billy hargrove look vulnerable. within every interaction the two of you had, you could always see the flirtatious individual that members of hawkins described, until now. right now, the slow song comes to a closing, you can see him looking vulnerable and loveable. "we can be," billy leans in, and before you know it, your lips have connected in a beautiful way.
    the two of you part ways to take a breath, the song changing to one of a much faster pace. "oh hargrove, let me think about that proposal... how about, we start with coffee, tomorrow morning, before we consider ourselves lovers," you raise an eyebrow at him, not even noticing the smile making its way to your face.
    "coffee's fine, how about a walk in the park afterwards," he mentions, his hand still holding onto yours. "okay billy, see you there," you wink at him, before turning around and walking back to that same punch table, your heart racing under the heat of the moment.

- requested by DixonLover2724
- word count: 742