05 𝘫.𝘩.

- jim trying to see will's body -

through some coercion, you came with jim to see will's body to clear up confusion. the two of you walk into the building, a lady sitting at the front desk. "uh hi, i just left my hat here, do you mind if we go get it, this is just my assistant," jim says to the lady, before immediately walking in anyways. we walk down the hall until we see the room with his body.

"hey, i love that book," jim starts, gaining the guard's attention. outside the door a guard gets up, reading to stop you from getting inside. "hey! the two of you aren't meant to be back here," he says, ready to use some force if need be. jim then points towards the hallway where we came from, "uh there's an emergency o'bannon needs you," jim says, and you nod along to help the facade.

the guard looked puzzled, "i don't work for o'bannon." the two of you look to each other. "oh did you hear o'bannon, he didn't say that. sheriff hopper said..." you drifted off but the only word close enough to o'bannon is banana and that makes no sense. jim then gives a puzzled look before punching the guard. he then opens the door, "you don't have to look at this, you know?"

you nod, "i know, but i'm here to help, not be a burden jim." he then turns towards the different cases, most likely holding different bodies until he finds will's. no one got a clear sight of will's body, it also looked fairly distorted. when jim opened it up, it didn't look much like will, so jim inspected the body.

"it was a fake," jim flatly states, looking to you. "what do we tell joyce? i mean i know she already thinks will is alive, this will only cement her thoughts," you mention, turning away from the fake body, a little disgusted.