06 nancy

☆彡 ringsfluff

☆彡 rings
fluff

      nancy sometimes invites you to hawkin's high whenever she works there as an editor. sometimes it'll be just for some company or to help out with anything she needs. and for a while now you've been planning on proposing in that very editorial room. from asking her father for his permission to talking about it with mike to get some ideas, you thought of everything.
so, when nancy invited you to hawkin's high on a saturday to get ready for the upcoming week, you knew it was the perfect opportunity to do it. she asked you to meet her there at around ten in the morning. of course you accepted and made sure that everything was prepared. a fairly nice outfit, nothing too suspiciously fancy, the ring, of course, and all the love and affection you have for her.
    you drive over there, palms sweaty. she waves from the entrance, a key in her hand and her looking as beautiful as ever. "y/n! come on, i can't wait to talk to you about this article planned," nancy calls to you, motioning for you to join her. as the two of you get close, you kiss her cheek, "and i cant wait to see it nance."
    the two of you make your way to the editorial room, walking hand in hand. "okay, so, this is probably the biggest story this high school has ever seen. basically..." nancy begins to explain an upcoming article; however, the words begin to muddle within your mind. because as every word leaves her mouth, you couldn't help but focus on her, just her.
    between the nervousness of thinking about proposing and the future the two of you may have for the rest of your lives, you couldn't focus on anything, "y/n, you doing okay? you seem a little distracted..." you look up towards the love of your life and nod, smiling towards her.
    "of course, just thinking about college and annoying stuff," you hold up her hand and kiss the back of it, looking her straight in the eyes. she looks down at the ground and back at you, "well hopefully my talk about hawkin's high newspaper isn't part of that 'annoying stuff'."
    you bite your lip for a small second, "with you talking about it, it could never be annoying. in fact, i think you're the most interesting and loveable person that i've ever met in my entire life... and that's why."
    for the first time in your life, you have gotten down on one knee and fished a ring from your pocket. a ring with a small diamond and small jewels surrounding. a ring that symbolizes a life of beauty and matrimony for eternity. "nancy wheeler, love of my life and hopefully future bride, will you do the honor of becoming my wife?" you shakily hold the ring out, your hands sweating profusely.
    she holds her hands up to her mouth, covering it in absolute surprise. nancy nods rapidly, "of course i will!" before you can even stand up to give her a hug, she lowers to give you one herself. the two of you collapse to the ground as she hugs you desperately. suddenly, nancy begins to laugh, mostly to herself than anything.
    "what?" the two of you separate so that you can look at each other. she puts her hand in her own pocket and starts digging for something. in a short second, nancy pulls out an engagement ring of her own. "i bought this for you, i was going to propose today and i talked to your mom and i invited you over to do this, oh my gosh," the two of you start laughing over the situation.
    while the situation may seem unconventional to the both of you, sitting on an editorial room's floor, both holding a ring for the other, you would never change it for the world.

- requested by @Ziva_Tony209
- word count: 649