part 67 - the truth (part 1)

A/n - sorry for the delay, this is a pretty complicated chapter, so I'm splitting it up

Megami and the others make there way down onto the tunnel system that is kun’s base. osaro and kuroko stand in front, knowing the others are mainly still I shock, whilst info guides them to where ever he actually is.

“Why is this place so damn big?” Osaro grumbles, as they make yet another turn, kuroko remains dead silent, whilst umeji and darioku mumble in agreement.

They remain behind, whilst the rest stay in a tight, compact group, worried of every little sound that echos around the desolate grey tunnels.

“Because he's had all this time to get this.” Info replies, before pointing at a door, sealed with a hydraulic press system, the locks being visibly shown.

“It's a blood test lock, only opens-” info starts, but kuroko says otherwise, and ramns it down as a weird reptilian creature, much like a dinosaur and snake.

Nobody says anything, and rush in, only to find him sitting there, on a makeshift chair; out of the remains of the students.

Nobody shows any emotion, even amai, who looks away, wishing he was dead already.

“Ah! So you made it? Come here to kill me?” He smirks, leaning slightly forward, as his glasses shimmer slightly, as the mask muffles his painful sounding voice.

“Maybe, maybe not, all that matters is this is ending.” Megami retorts, and he just laughs, finding her confidence hilarious.

“These no need. I'm going to die anyway, I'm not of any use to genka anymore, after she's done with nemesis, and me, your next.” He replies, tilting his head slightly, in a cocky manner, just making osaro stop multiple people from just straight up killing him.

“Why? What has genka got to do with any of this?” Megami asks, taking a step forward, and ignoring her fellow, dead, classmates.

Kun shakes his head, in disappointment. “I thought you've figure it out already, shame. It's fine, might as well say.” He leans back up, shrugging, and resting his hands on the armrests, which are merely yaku zashi, and maka tansei.

“You really think I could have thought of all of this? No, no, no. Far from it. I merely wanted my sister back, that's all.” He starts, grinning, as info shuffles back to kokona and mei, who stand in front, bracing for anything.

“I don't care about a utopian society, why would i? It's none of my concern. But genka, good old genka, she does, from the very beginning. It's hilarious! You guys actually thinking she was with you this entire time! Ha! Don't make me laugh! You actually thought she couldn't do anything about half of this? No! She’s been using all of us, all this time.” He laughs, throwing his head back in laughter.

Nobody moves, knowing it's better to just get as much information as possible.

“You see, judgement isn't actually a teacher, they don't exist. That's just a lie that was created when he became in control. The demons that didn't want him in control, are actually the good guys. Shifter knew something was being planned, since one guardian in particular lost half their soul. The time demon was planning on overthrowing him, yet they can't, not unless the original, true guardian takes his place back in charge.” He declares, confusing everyone.

His sudden coughing makes megami jolt, and take a step back, knowing he's dying, there's no doubt about that.

“Do we help him?” Osaro asks, and megami shakes her head. “No, he knew this was inevitable, just let him die, we need to find nemesis.” Megami orders, turning around as kun falls down, still coughing.

“I-idoits. You can't win, genka i-is way too p-powerful.” He rasps, and kuroko loses it, grabbing his face, and snapping his neck, before just dropping his body onto the ground, making everyone hesitate.

“Where is she?” Kuroko asks, glancing at info, who shakes slightly, and looks away, making megami place a hand in front of kuroko, as a precaution.

“On the rooftop.” Info replies, and megami nods.

“You can leave if you want, this is a unfair battle, so if your scared, you may leave.” Megami says, and osaro chuffs.

“Sorry psycho, not happening, we know what to do.” Osaro smirks, nodding as they step forward, except info, kuroko and megami, taking them aback.

Osaro places a hand on megami’s shoulder, and smiles, making megami hate what she's about to say.

“Let's go this.” Osaro says, and the others nod, taking a variety of weapons, making info jump and realise.

In sync, they all stab themselves, as megami jumps out of her skin, watching as everyone dies, instantly.

Kuroko doesn't react, and merely glances at the door.

“Let's make sure their deaths aren't in vain, shall we?” She says, and megami snaps out if it, nodding.

She glances at info, who looks back, terrified.

“What's wrong?” She asks and info says nothing, as something impales megami in the chest, making kuroko jump and stumble backwards, as a cloaked figure stands there.

“Her time had come, now it's your turn.” It breathes, taking the sword out. Megami drops to the floor and kuroko looks at info, who stands there, terrified.

“Let's go!” Kuroko yells, shifting into shifter, and grabbing info, sprinting out of the tunnels, as laughter resonates around the school.