part 35 - what partners?

Megami nods, switching the monitors off. The empty dark room remains hollow, and she pauses, feeling a little isolated. She knows that she has to hide, so she doesn't die, for obvious reasons.

She gets up, and wanders to a set of paperwork, mainly from the reports she's been given, but some aren't, some are her memories, before the beginning of this.

Something isn't right, and she knows it. It's not the fact that their all sealed away, and slowly losing themselves, no, its the reason why she did what she did.

“Ignore those petty ideas.” A deep voice breathes into her ear, making her jolt back, finding none other than the time demon standing their, his fedora being flattened by the tiny room.

Megami freaks out, she's never seen him, in he's true way, and it's damn right terrifying.

He's at least 10ft tall, extremely slender, well, being a skeleton, theirs no surprise there. His jawline gets separated by jagged edges, which the bottom part is a deep black, which matches his entire outfit, and vertebrae. His eyes are much like megamis messed up one, being a mere red slit, with four vertical lines on its sides. It's left socket has a strange black cross going through, like megamis eye as well.

His suit has a red pocket watch on its pocket, which is a deep crimson, whilst it's middle part of it suit, has two red triangle like things, sticking so far up, its probably next to impossible to move its head. It's hands are also black, with red bone tips. It's suit has a stripe on its bottom line, marking where it's black trousers are, with his black loafers.

Megami holds back a laugh, finding his outfit hilarious. He grimaces, and wishes he never choose this mistake.

“Why are you blocking me?” He asks, leaning over, as his long black tail shifts slightly, showing a red start like tip, making megami take a step back, wishing she didn't.

She's aware he's controlling her memories, distorting them to make out that her grandfather was right to make a utopian society. She knows it's impossible, and well, stupid.

“Because you don't need to know. Besides, its not like your telling me everything.” She retorts, standing straight, and looking straight at him, being used to those who try to belittle her.

He laughs, and stands back up, or tries too, being way to tall. He takes his watch out, and it morphs into a sphere, which takes megamis curiousity.

“This, is my magic, in physical from. Nobody else can weld this, and I can only use it. Within this, timelines and memories are easy to manipulate, and well, you know the rest.” He declares, knowing humans are always trying to get the most powerful weapon, so they are in control.

‘Pityful.’ He mumbles in his mind, making the sphere dissipate, and become the watch once more. Megami snaps back into the now, and glances at her gloved hand.

“Why then, am I paying the price for bringing people back? I thought we were partners.” She repiles, having the faintest idea she's onto something.

He laughs, and disappears, “who said we were partners?” He fades away, leaving her completely dumbstruck.

She paces around, trying to wrap her head around the situation. They aren't partners. They what is she to him?

She pauses, annyoed, but curious. Walking to the monitors once more, she goes to akane, knowing she's not acting different, unlike info kun, who's become way more cocky than usual.

Megami pauses, but decides to text her, knowing she doesn't lie:

M - I need to speak to you urgently.

Ak - of course, what may be the problem?

M - its about the time demon.

Ak - ….

Ak - what about him?

M - don't worry, I've got him blocked, he can't access this.

Ak - …

M - we're not partners, and has been manipulating my memories.

Ak - wait. So how much of this was true?

M - none. I never wanted this, I found out I actually wanted to just eliminate ayano and info Chan.

Ak - so the explosion, at nemesis?

M - yes, I wanted her and aoi dead as well.

Ak - how much has he manipulated?

M - I believe since the beginning, when we done the ritual.

Ak - so this was him?

M - yes, he's believed the idea I was told is the only way to cure this world and ready it for the demons.

Ak - so what about the deaths?

M - he's brought them back so he has slaves. I have been paying a Price for the resurrection of you guys.

Ak - your hands.

M - yes.

Ak - so I'm presuming you can't leave your base?

M - sadly no, but someone else can.

Megami stops texting, and stands up, glancing at a sealed door. She sighs, feeling extremely guilty. She knows now that she never meant for this to happen, and now, shes stuck underground, unable to see anyone.

The door remains stiff, and presumably impossible to open, from the outside at least.

Reaching for a remote, she presses the button labeled, ‘stop ouput.’ A faint hissing sound echos from inside, followed by a confused groan. She braces herself, knowing that the person behind there isn't someone to mess with.

She takes a step back, waiting for the door to open. Sweat drips down her face, knowing she's made a grave mistake, taking and torturing the only descendent of genka and judgement.

The door suddenly gets blown to smithereens, making metallic shrapnel almost impale her. She ducks and braces herself.

A quick blur bolts to her, and grabs her by the collar. She doesn't resist, and panics, staring straight at their four red soulless eyes.

It's body keeps shifting, not having one set shape, whilst it's one good, robotic arm remains on her collar.

She musters all the courage she has and breathes.

“Nemesis, I need your help.”