part 41 - the most unlikely heroine

Oka wakes up, and curses as her sight decides to take its sweet time to adjust.

The room stays dark, as the moonlight hides behind the clouds, and only lets the putrid smell of rotting flesh to assault oka.

She gags, as chains cut deep into her wrists. Memories of Midas makes her jolt, primal instinct to run, but the chains say otherwise and yank her back, making her headbutt the wall behind her.

She grimaces at the pain, but stiffens up at the site of the room.

Bodies are everywhere, as in parts everywhere. Her jaw drops at the sight of her friends dismembered like nothing. Yet not a ounce of blood is anywhere, making the pieces fall into place, as their conversation hovers in her mind.

“Purity is blood.” She whispers, as she tries to get comfortable, although having your arms dangling from the wall, isn't the most comfortable place to stay.

“It's victims are only ones who are deemed pure.” The pain demon rasps in her head, making oka close her eyes, unable to see the sick ways of her friend.

“This isn't info’s doing, she doesn't want this, Pandora does.” He adds, and oka chokes slightly, as her throat tightens up, from the guilt.

“I never wanted this. I just wanted to catch my brothers killer.” She mumbles, as sadness liquefies and rolls down her face.

“Ayano should have just killed me. If I let megami kill her, none of this would happen. But, yet again, I was manipulated.” she adds, hanging her head in shame, as the regret takes over.

The wind howls outside, as faint howls of pain and anger melt into it, catching her attention slightly, making her look at the nearby window.

“So I'm in a classroom. Besides, what the fuck could I even do? Nothing.” She repiles, to nothing, as she laughs slightly, knowing she's probably losing it as well.

“You could break free.” The pain demon whispers, and oka pauses, remembering she can summon hands. She looks around, and guesses that the howls outside, probably mean it's Pandora and somone. She regains herself, shaking the sudden regret away, knowing she's probably the most useful right now.

She concentrates on everything, and the chains come free, without a problem. Getting up, she rubs her wrists slightly, as she thinks of what exactly she can do.

The bodies mean nothing, it still hurts her yes, but she knows the only way she could ever get them back, is to get info back.

“Now, how do you propose to get info?” She mumbles, knowing the pain demon is listening. Her mind wanders to her personality, her real one.

“She's a tsundere, has strong emotional attachment to nemesis, also known as hanako kunahito. Pandora is her other personality, a yandere, lust for ‘extracting purity’ from others.” The pain demon repiles, and oka nods, walking to the doors, pressing her hands on it, smiling.

“Well, let's have a argument shall we?” Oka smiles, opening the door.

She walks out, and confidently walks down the crimson corridors, ignoring the revolting scent of decaying blood.

“By the swimming pool, decay and Pandora.” The pain demon orders and oka doesn't hesitate, bursting into a full sprint, knowing the others won't have a idea of what to do.

……

“Seriously! You guys have dealt with worse shit!” Megami yells, staring at ayano, aoi and nemesis, as they stand there, watching Pandora and decay fight.

The place is a mess, parts of the ground are torn up, or bubbling with a disgusting purple acid.

The swimming pool is badly cracked, as the once sanitary water becomes muddy and ice cold.

Nemesis sighs, crossing her arms and keeping the barrier up, whilst ayano tries to think of what to do, and aoi is trying to keep herself stable.

Megami paces back and forth, just as decay gets hurled into the barrier, his good wing snapping straight off as he howls in pain, causing aoi to stumble and rock back and forth, gripping her head like a vice.

Pandora laughs psychotically, and ayano looks at nemesis, who doesn't even shed a tear. Megami mumbles to herself, punching the barrier.

“Nemesis! Stop being so fucking self absorbed and do something!” Ayano yells, as she keeps a eye on aoi, as her state deteriorates rapidly, as the husks keep wanting her to attack everyone, to keep decay safe.

Decay stands up, his tail swiftly swings side to side, as he finches in pain slightly. His back is now covered by a dangerous black liquid, melting anything it touches.

Pandora wipes its blood away from its face, as it still holds the same sword, which still pulses.

“Come on now, you used to be one of the purest people around, but now, you've been contaminated, I'm just doing what your scaly prick should be doing.” Pandora taunts, making aoi jolt slightly, making ayanos fear heighten.

Decay says nothing, and runs full force to Pandora, hitting its face, with his good hand, making them do a side flip in the air, before landing on their back, hitting the ground.

He doesn't stop, and grabs Pandora's waistcoat, throwing them to the swimming pool wall, and running afterwards.

Pandora hits it hard, causing yet another crack, making them curse quietly. Decay howls and dodges a set of javelin like strings that impale the ground besides him. Pandora shakes the concrete dust off, and successfully imaples deacy with the sword, making it unravel, inside him, and constrict his muscles, making him paralysed.

“You fucking twat. Now senpai is in a small dome, with three mutts. I need to keep her safe, I'll deal with your later.” Pandora says, grabbing his bone wing, and ripping it off, making him fall like a wall, without any hesitation.

Nemesis glances over, and sighs, knowing she's just being the pawn in their sick game. Ayano grabs aoi and tries to calm her down, whilst megami looks to the washrooms, where oka is running closer, without any fear.

“Oka’s here.” She blurts, making everyone look over, and ayano panic even more.

Pandora laughs, and punches the barrier, making aoi whimper slightly, terrified, as the memories of the basement take over.

“So, your name senpai, its cute you know, hanako, never truly thought it would be that.” Pandora says, leaning on the barrier, making nemesis just look away, bored.

Oka continues to run, and makes it, stopping a mere few metres away.

“Info, I have a few questions to ask.” She declares, gaining everyone's attention instantly.