part 32 - truthful memories

Ayano wakes up, to find the oka asleep, and aoi standing silently in the middle of the room. She doesn't say anything, and ayano gets out of the bed, sorting it out after.

Ayano pauses, and turns to where aoi slept, and stops herself asking why the scarf and her necklace, that she hasn't seen before is on the floor.

Instead, she stands there, waiting. Aoi turns around, her face void of any emotion. “Your awake.” She says, her voice cold, commanding, and empty. Ayano hesitates, and looks away.

Aoi says nothing, and walks into the other room. Ayano sighs, feeling a little amount of relief. She gently nudges oka, who stirs awake. She sits up, and yawns. Ayano smirks, as oka gets out the bed, sorting it out like ayano did earlier.

Oka pauses, and looks towards the doorway. “Something wrong?” She asks, slight scared. Ayano sighs and smiles, “sadly possibly, aoi threw her stuff on the floor, and ignored it.” Ayano replies, looking at the scarf and necklace. Oka looks over, and she looks away as quick.

Aoi walks back in, and looks at them both, still void of emotion. “We're healthy, some slight injuries remain, but its fine, so remove the hex.” She commands, looking at oka, with a death glare. She jumps, and shakes. Ayano puts a hand in front of her, protecting her from nothing.

Aoi remains as is, her eyes glaze with anger. “Do it.” She says, her voice deep and ominous. Oka nods, scared, and removes the hex. Ayano stiffens up, and oka hides.

Aoi walks out the room, to the corridor, leaving them in the infirmary. Ayano watches the door, as other students hesitate as aoi walks away. None look there direction, and make there way around the school. Muja walks in, looking at the room, worried and nervous.

She pauses, and sighs, she paces to the door, and closes it shut. Ayano looks at her with confusion, as she turns around. “Dear, is aoi ok?” She asks, her voice clipped with fear. Oka shuffles into view, and ayano looks at the scarf again.

“No.” She replies, unsure of the reasoning herself. Oka walks over to the scarf, and picks it up. She holds it for a second, and looks at the necklace. “Her mother gave her this necklace.” She says, and ayano nods, muja looks at the door, concerned that anyone could come in.

“Let's go back to the info room, oka, hide those.” Ayano says, and oka nods. Muja turns around, and smiles, although it doesn't reach her eyes.

They walk down the corridor, keeping a eye out for aoi or the delinquents, knowing info wouldn't come out in the open.

Oka jumps at every small noise, and students hesitate as they walk pass.

They make it to the info room, and ayano opens it, finding only shiromi, but then remembering she and info can open the door. Oka rushes in, and stuffs the scarf and necklace under her pillow, for a temporary spot. Ayano walks over to the monitors, and selects the live camera feed.

She scrolls through each camera, mainly trying to find aoi. Oka shuffles around the room, and ayano ignores her, focused on the screens.

………

The voices, are back.

The ayano and oka.

But, they seem, worried.

Why?

….

Wait.

That ‘info’

She's, insane.

And that ‘aoi’

Resents herself.

And her emotions

Her memories..

Of fear, control, pain..

She's believing the shadow..

Her father..

Info has gained yandere traits..

What is happening?

They are broken..

……

Oka, she hid something..

A scarf..

My scarf..

Wait.. That scarf..

“Do I own that scarf?” Shiromi asks, making ayano and oka jump, and look over.

They look at each other, a spark of hope ignites, and ayano looks at shiromi.

“Yes.” She replies, knowing there isn't a point to ask anything. Oka pauses, and ayano hesitates. Shiromi stays silent, although her head is lifted up, showing she is pondering.

“What is my name?” She asks, still cold and almost robotic. Oka says nothing, leaving the answers to ayano.

“Shiromi torayoshi.” She replies, staying blunt as possible. Silence.

…..

So.

That's my name.

‘Shiromi’

Some memories resurface, others remain dark.

…..

“Is my family dead?” Shiromi asks, and oka looks at her, shocked, and worried. Ayano pauses, completely unsure of how she will take it.

“Yes.” She replies, and shiromi nods. Oka walks over to ayano, who sits there.

…..

So.

Im alone.

Without a family?

Ayano stands straight, now just focused on shiromis sudden questions. Oka takes her place on the monitors, knowing ayano will tell the truth for her, and that aoi and info are huge threats right now.

“Did I kill them?” Shiromi asks, still blunt and cold, like her voice is at the moment. Ayano hesitates, oka glances over, slightly worried. Ayano doesn't know about what happened in the council room, the day megami had told kuroko to kill her mother.

“Your confidence has threatened megami, as you had links with info. She had ordered kuroko to kill your mother, your father had died from a gang assault, when you where younger.” Oka replies, making ayano jolt of shock.

Oka ignores ayanos confusion, and goes back onto the monitors, slightly panicking as something seems off with the system.

….

My confidence?

Megami…

I had threatened….

No.

She didn't kill my mother…

My confidence did..

I killed her..

Her body..

Without a head.

Blood everywhere..

I killed her..

I killed my mother..

….