forty seven

"Alaina Grace." Guidry smiled at me.
I stood and went to my starting position for my solo. We had picked the song that I would do and ran ideas together until it was perfected.
Today, all soloists were showing their dances to the team.
Only Reagan was left after me.
I performed my dance that was to the music 'Because You Loved Me' by Celine Dion.
Everyone clapped and I sat back down.
I received many compliments from it, but I only looked to Emily, because hers matters most. Well, most after Dakota, or just as much as Dakota's.
She pointed to her glossy eyes and smiled.
I felt satisfied with myself. 
If I could make someone cry with my dance, I was doing okay.
We watched Reagan run her second solo, before Guidry announced the routines for competitions.
"Parks and I have decided on routines and girls in the routines. Now, we're still in the works for the officer numbers, so be patient, ladies." She addressed us.
"I'll be posting these papers on the mirrors. Each paper reads the genre, the list of girls, then the song title at the bottom. If you are on a list and do not wish to be, see one of us and if you are not on a list, but wish to be, see one of us." Emily instructed.
"Dance officers, step out. You're in every number." Guidry told us as Emily posted the papers.
I still wanted to know what they were.
We followed Guidry into the office and she let us hear the music for the routines, as well as see the song titles and the list of girls in each dance.
Emily walked in and sat at her own desk.
"So, officer routines. We need at least three to compete." Guidry said.
"Contemporary, Jazz, and kick. Easy. Those are our strongest suits." I said.
"Or hip hop. We did really good with it last year." Mallory countered.
"We did good with it, it still ranked lower than the other three." I argued.
"We can take four. We just need to have at least three to be able to qualify for the best officer routines award. The more, the better. It'll give us a better chance of winning." Guidry defused the tension.
I nodded and moved to sit in front of Emily, in the chair across from her.
There's a stronger pull to her lately, ever since her birthday. On her actual birthday day, I made her breakfast in bed, cuddled up and watched the rest of her new favorite show with her, and had the most unbelievable sex of our entire relationship.
"For contemporary, did we want that angels, jealous, or something song?" Guidry asked.
"Jealous of the Angels." Emily said.
Variations of "yes" were spoken by the girls, and I mumbled that it was fine to use it.
"Lainey, you good with that?" Dakota asked.
"I'm fine with it." I nodded at her.
"Are you sure?" Guidry asked.
"I said it's fine." I said firmly, leaning my head on my hand, placing my arm over Emily's desk.
"Okay, so contemporary is settled." She nodded, not commenting on the attitude that was laced in my voice.
"Jazz." She carried on with receiving song suggestions.
I felt Emily's light touch on my arm.
I looked up at her and slightly smiled.
"You okay?" She whispered.
I nodded in response.
Her thumb lightly rubbed my skin.
We continued and arranged all of the officer routines we would be taking to compete.
We started learning team jazz during after school practice.
Tonight, I would be spending the night with my mom again. I hated being away from Emily for a night, because I sleep awful when we're apart. On the other hand, I love being with my mom and being able to feel normal again, even it is in the white walls of the hospital.
Dakota would even be staying with us tonight. She has been so supportive and loving in this time, so much so that my mom finally convinced the overnight nurse to let Dakota stay too. Dakota and my mom, and me and her mom, have special relationships. Our parents are the other's second parents.
My relationships have been significantly improving lately and it scares me, because they're all thriving.
I packed my bag and my locker to head to work.
I caught up to Emily as she was leaving and walked with her out to her car. The hallway was empty, since I was rushing to get out of the school.
"Want a ride to work?" She offered.
"Sure." I accepted.
I quickly got in the car once she unlocked it, as she set her school stuff in the backseat.
I held her hand as she drove, conversing in simple topics, not being to drop my smile. I love her.
"I want to say something." She stated.
"Okay, go for it." I urged.
"I don't want there to be any hard feelings between us." She said.
Nervous, I pulled my hand from hers.
"No no no, not— I didn't do anything." She shook her head.
"I believe you." I nodded.
"I just want to let you know that I'm not the jealous type. I'm not sure what that was last week, but that's not me. I want to get to know the other Emily and be able to be friends with her. I don't want there to be a wall that you have to switch between here and there." She sounded different, almost insecure.
"I love you." I slightly shook my head, watching her in awe. She is magnificent.
"I love you too." She slightly smiled.
"I only have eyes for you." I told her.
"I'm the luckiest woman in the world." She grabbed my hand again.
"Trust me, I'm the lucky one." I smirked.
I leaned in and gave her a quick kiss.
"I'll see you after work?" She questioned.
"I'm going to spend the night with Dakota and my mom tonight, remember?" I asked.
"I know, I was just wondering if I could see you and drive you." She said.
"Okay." I smiled at her.
"See you at five?" She confirmed.
"Yes, thank you." I nodded, then leaned in and kissed her.
"I love you." She said quietly.
"I love you." I told her.