twenty two

"Can you come over tonight, please?" Emily asked.
I looked over at her and smiled. I had been with my mom the past three nights not including Sunday, I only got to see Emily at school. I wanted to stay with my mom tonight, but Andy asked if she could. I tried to convince her to let me, since I am going away for the weekend, but she basically told me it was my choice to go and she wouldn't let me take more time with mom. She's been kind of hostile with me lately.
"Yes, of course." I nodded.
"Oh hey, I was going to offer you to bring your cat. My apartment allows pets and I think it would be helpful to you if someone could help you care for him." She smiled.
"Really? You want to help with Moose?" I asked, my heart instantly lighter. I've been feeling bad about leaving him alone so much while I'm gone.
"Well, you're staying away from home for so long, I thought it could help him and you." She looked down.
I smiled widely and stood on my tip-toes and wrapped my arms around her.
"Thank you." I simply stated. She knew how much this means to me. She doesn't need explanation from me, she knows what I mean.
I felt her slightly shift her head and put pressure on the side of my head, so I assumed she kissed me. I released her and looked at her.
"Should you just ride with me, so we can go pick him up?" She asked.
"Maybe. I have to see what time practice ends." I nodded.
"I can wait around." She offered.
"That's up to you... if you don't mind, then yeah." I left the decision up to her.
"You better get going, you haven't even eaten anything and lunch is almost over." She spoke after glancing at the clock.
"I'm not hungry." I shrugged.
"Eat." She grabbed my shoulders and said, before placing a small kiss upon my forehead.
She's so gentle and soft. Even when we have sex, she's very soft with her motions and has very gentle touches. It's one of my favorite things about her.
"Okay." I nodded.
I walked out and went to the dance room. Lunch was nearly over and I wanted to run the routine before the dance class got in there, so I changed into spandex quickly. I plugged in the team's iPod and played the instrumental band music for this weeks field routine, Land of 1000 dances.
A couple of the other officers joined me in practicing and I noticed Guidry watching from her office window.
As I turned around to do our alternating kicks with every other person facing the back, I saw Emily walk in. Dammit.
I focused on the ending of the dance and caught glances of them talking in the mirror. Emily watched and they would smile while they stood there. Emily's hands on the windowsill. I could see her Apple Watch, her dainty bracelets, her hair pushed behind her ears, her small "P" necklace. She is so beautiful and dressed so effortlessly perfect.
I continued to mess around with my turns and my flexibility while the other girls left to go get ready for their classes.
"Alaina Haslen." Emily called from the doorway.
My body shuttered and I lost balance from my turns.
After nearly falling flat on my behind, I turned around with a huge smile plastered on my face and asked "What?" laughing at the way I reacted to her scaring me.
"I told you to go eat and instead you come dance." She put her hands on her hips.
"I needed to practice. The game is tomorrow!" I exclaimed.
"You know the dance. You know every dance." She stated.
"I need to have it perfect." I turned back around to stretch my kicks.
"Why?" I dropped my right leg and kicked up my left to catch it as she spoke.
I deepened the stretch then dropped my leg and turned around again.
"Because, this is the first game of the season that my mom is going to be able to come watch. Her levels were really high this morning and the morning before this. If she keeps them high, they'll her come watch halftime." I explained.
"Baby, don't worry about being perfect. You already have it down and have it down damn near perfect. She's going to be proud of you no matter what!" She told me.
She was right. My mom didn't care if I was spot on. She didn't care if I made a complete fool of myself out there. She just wanted to be able to come see me perform at a football game my senior year.
I nodded and said "You're right."
"Since I knew you weren't going to eat, I brought you something." She grabbed my hand.
As soon as we left the dance room, she dropped my hand and I let my smile drop.
We walked into Guidry's office and I saw a couple sandwiches on her desk.
She tossed me one, then she instructed "Eat."
I smiled quickly and looked down. It looked good, I just really wasn't hungry. I'm too nervous about tonight and about the game. I haven't spent the night at Emily's in almost a week, so I'm nervous for how she will act... will she want sex? I'm not in the mood for sex. She's beautiful and sexy and everything I've ever wanted, but I can't imagine having sex tonight. I need to do good at the game for my mom. Sure, she may not care how perfect I do. But I do. I want to make this game like no other. What if it's the only game she'll see all season? It has to be perfect for her.
I unwrapped the sandwich and picked at it.
The bell rang and she stood from her seat at Guidry's desk.
"Make sure she eats." Emily told Guidry.
"She will. She has to before dance." Guidry assured her.
As soon as Emily walked out, I said "I'm just not hungry."
"I know." She nodded and continued to scroll through her desktop.
I smiled to myself at her acceptance and nonjudgmental response.
I wrapped the sandwich back up and left it on the table.
"I'm going to go teach the class, you don't have to come today." She stood  and walked over to me.
I nodded and she gently grabbed my arm and pressed her lips to the top of my head. Guidry really is like a second mom to me. Sure, she's only 30, but she's just as supportive as a mom should be. She's my rock.
"I love you, girl." She said as she walked away.
"I love you too." I smiled up at her.
"If you ever need anything and I mean anything." She pointed at me and then at herself, letting me know she's always there for me.
I giggled and nodded at her.
I just hope she still will be there if she finds out about me and Emily.
I looked down at the sandwich and sighed. Emily really does care about me and my well-being. She makes my heart pound at even just the thought of her.