forty five

I knew I was in the wrong on this. I know Victoria was thinking about Alaina in this situation and not about getting back at me for the mum. Even if she was trying to get back at me, it's not right for me to be mad at Alaina for it. She deserves to have people care about her and treat her with small gestures like these. I also need to learn that Alaina and Victoria have a relationship that I can't match, so I should stop trying to compete with her for Alaina's heart. I have it in a completely different way than Victoria ever could.
I hate that I responded the way that I did.
I waited to see Alaina in the office, but when I didn't, I rushed to get to my classroom.
I walked in and saw her.
"Why are you—" She stood up from her desk, ready to yell at me.
"No, I know. I'm sorry. It wasn't fair. I shouldn't have reacted like that. I love that the girls and Victoria wanted to do this for you. It was jealousy getting the best of me." I explained myself.
She calmed down and nodded.
"I'm sorry." I repeated.
"Thank you." She softly smiled at me.
I lightly squeezed her shoulder and made my way to my desk.
It took a few more moments for another student to join us, then Alaina turned on the switch. She wouldn't even look at me unless she had to.
                  ————————————————
"Laina, what do you want to eat before the game?" I called to her from my bed.
She sat on the bathroom counter, doing her makeup.
"Uh— I don't know." I heard her say.
I walked into the bathroom and wrapped my arms around her.
"Pick something and I'll go get it while you get ready." I told her, then kissed her shoulder.
"I had another idea." She smirked at me through the mirror.
She set her brush down and turned to face me. Her legs parted for my hips to lean in.
She pulled me in to her body and initiated a kiss.
"You have to eat, baby." I pulled away from her.
"So do you." She smirked before pulling my hand to cover her center.
I was at a loss for words.
She moved my hand to please herself and I was lost in trance.
"Emi, can I— oh God!" I heard and snapped my head to my sister covering her eyes.
I forgot she was here for a second.
"I'm sorry." She shook her head, looking away.
"No, I'm sorry." I exited the bathroom.
I heard Alaina resume what she was doing.
"I was going to ask if I could borrow your straightener, but I see it's in use, so it's okay." She spoke quickly.
"She's done with her hair." I nodded towards the bathroom.
"Okay, thank you. Keep the nasty behind locked doors, please." She patted my arm, then headed to the room where Alaina continued her routine.
"So, food?" I brought up.
"Anything is good with me. Whatever you want." Alaina shyly smiled in the mirror.
My sister began straightening her hair.
"Panera?" I suggested.
"Perfect! I've been wanting their broccoli cheddar soup." Alaina exclaimed.
"I'd actually like the same." Kate spoke quietly.
"Okay. I'll be back then." I announced.
I kissed Alaina's shoulder and walked out of the room.
I put on my shoes, grabbed my keys, and headed out. Panera is only about five minutes from my house, so the trip wouldn't be long.
I went through the drive-through to order the food.
It was only the three of us tonight, so the bill wouldn't kill my bank account.
The girls went to stay at our brother Dean's place to sleepover with his daughter, Brylee.
I took the food home to Alaina and Kate. We ate together at the kitchen table, then Alaina left us to get into uniform.
"You aren't ever scared of getting caught?" Kate asked quietly.
"Always, but she's really good at keeping it quiet." I nodded.
Kate simply nodded in response.
"Do you want to come to the game tonight?" I asked.
She stared at me, squinting her eyes.
"What?" I laughed.
"Trying to make sure you were being serious." She said flatly.
"Kate!" I laughed harder.
"I can't ever tell with you!" She defended herself.
"Will you go with me, please?" I asked.
"Just for you." She smiled softly.
"You love me." I gushed.
"Only sometimes." She shot me down.
"Oh, but you can't know Alaina there." I said, changing the mood in a split second.
"I figured." She nodded.
"You're the best." I shrugged, shaking my head. I didn't know what I would do without her. She just completely understands me.
"No, you're the best. I'm just your biggest fan." She said sincerely.
"Don't make me cry, Katelyn." I pressed my fingers into my cheeks.
"Softie." She stood from the table.
"You love it!" I called after her as she headed into the kitchen.
"I do, I do." I heard the eye roll in the tone of her voice.
I smiled to myself, then copied her motions in cleaning the table.
I joined Alaina in my room so I could change my work shirt to my Classics shirt.
"Hey, you know I love you, right?" I asked.
"Why? What happened?" She looked up at me.
She looked perfect. Her hair flawless, her makeup enhanced everything I love about her face, and her body so perfectly wrapped in the uniform.
"I just haven't told you that in a while and I wanted to remind you." I shrugged.
"Who's the sappy one now?" She smirked, walking over to me.
"Oh! You know I love it when you're sappy." I tilted my head.
"I love you too." She put her hands on my hips.
I smiled softly at her.
She leaned in and placed a gentle, quick kiss on my lips.
Her thumb slid across my lips repeatedly, letting me know she had transferred red lipstick from her lips to mine.
"Red is a good color on you." She smirked.
"Yeah?" I asked.
She nodded, then pulled the collar of my shirt down to expose my chest and the tops of my boobs.
"Where only I can see." She spoke quietly, before she leaned down and placed a clear kiss mark on my skin.
"You're bad." I shook my head.
"Only for you." She smiled.
"I wish you had your lip stain, so I could kiss you again." I stuck my bottom lip out.
"I would still, but I don't want to risk anything by Guidry right now." She placed two fingers to her lips, then pressed them to mine.
"Hey, it's four-thirty." Kate came in and said.
"Okay, we gotta go." I parted from Alaina and grabbed everything I'd need.
We rather quickly flew down the stairs and climbed into the car, heading to the stadium.
I dropped her off where she needed to enter, then parked my car in the parking lot. Kate and I walked in together, meeting up with Victoria in the stands.
"Victoria, this is Kate, my sister." I introduced the two.
"Nice to finally meet you, Kate." Victoria shook her hand.
"You too." Kate smiled widely.
"You look just— identical." Victoria glanced between Kate and I.
"These are the girls, there's so many of them, I can't even introduce you to all of them right now." I laughed as we sat in front of Alaina.
I said a silent prayer in my head to not let either Alaina or Kate let it be known that they know each other.