You met Jackson at a gig a few weeks ago, he seemed nice enough with dark hair and blue eyes. You didn't get those warm butterflies that you do when you're around Shawn but it doesn't mean that he's a "creep".

"Shall we go?" Jackson pulls out into the road and you drive to the restaurant.

Shawn's POV:

Storming into Connor's house, I drop down onto the couch in frustration.

"You good?" He says next to me, playing a game on the XBox. I try to reel in my feelings. Of course I'm mad at Y/N, she accepted yet another date with another shitty guy when it's me she should be going on dates with.

"It's Y/N."

"When is it not? What is it this time, lover's quarrel?" Connor mocks and it grates on my nerves. He knows how I feel about her and constantly teases me.

"She told me to ask her out."

Connor drops his controller out of surprise. He scrambles to pick it up and pauses the game, turning to face me. He says nothing.

"I said, she told me to ask her out."

"I heard you, I'm just surprised."

"You and me both."

I swing my legs around off the couch and plant them on the floor, leaning my elbows on my thighs.

"And what did you say?"

"Well, she stormed out after that so I didn't get to say much. But, I don't know man, I mean wouldn't asking her out, mess up our friendship?"

"If that's what you're worried about then you probably shouldn't have tried to stall all her previous dates, she's not dumb you know." Connor leans back, watching me, trying to gauge my reaction. 

Sighing, I drop my head back against the cushions. Staring at the ceiling, I ponder my options. 

"I'm mad at her."

"Of course, but what are you going to do about it?"

"She didn't tell me where they're going so I can't just turn up but I'm gonna wait for her to get back, confront her, I guess-"

"Oh wait, she's calling me." Connor answers the call, signalling me to be quiet. He puts in on speaker.

"Y/N?"

"Hey Connor, are you alone?"

A pause and I nod at him.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"Are you busy?"

"No, just playing a few games."

Y/N sighs audibly, I feel like I can see her on the phone, biting her nails. There's a hint of worry in her voice.

"Can you come and pick me up? Don't tell Shawn, he and I had a fight and I'll never hear the end of it but, my date? He's a real creep. He keeps making comments about my body and I'm so uncomfortable. How soon can you get here?"

I feel my fists clench involuntarily, I want to scream down the phone at her that I told her so, that the dude looked like a creep from the get go. But her stubborn attitude and my jealous heart can't communicate properly.

Connor points at the table by the door and I see his keys. He jerks his chin towards his car in the driveway. 

"Yeah sure, I can be there in about 20 minutes. I'll text you when I'm close."

"Great thank you so much, I'm going to pull a sicky and pretend I'm calling an Uber so I'll see you in 20. Thanks again Connor and please don't tell Shawn!"