Inshallah

Rifat sailed directly toward the island. Since his ship had never crossed paths with the ship that followed Emre and Can it would not be apparent at first as to what he might be doing there. Emre and he had decided that he would draw the attention of any would be pirates while Emre snuck around and behind. Inshallah the ruse would work.

Emre paced his deck. Walking back and forth as the islands came into view. They were closer this time but on the backside. He had no idea where Sanem and Can could be. Wether they were still together or had been separated. Perhaps they had even migrated over to the the smaller island. He didn't have the answer to any of these questions. He would have to wait for nightfall to finally set foot on land and find his brother. He looked out toward the mound of land and willed time to pass.

Fabri smoked his pipe and inquired over his newest slave. The boy informed him that his basic needs had been met but that the man had not said anything. Fabri looked at the boy again and asked if he was enjoying his new sense of power. The power of the key he held over the slaves. The boy merely stared back and nodded. Fabri knew the boy was terrified of him and that's exactly how he liked it. It was exhausting to have to beat someone into submission. It was much easier to play on their fears and get them to do what he wanted of their own free will. He stood up and instructed his men to bring the man to him. They were to remove his shirt and tie him to one of the trees. He was out of patience and he needed a show to speed things up. The island had worn him out and it was time to leave. One way or another the girl would be on his ship by tonight. Either her protector would give her up or she would present herself in exchange.

Sanem watched from her position on the ledge and felt herself shrink back from what she knew would be a torturous scene. She could no longer sit still and watch. The boy had told her what he and Can had spoken of but she still was not sure she could trust him. She needed to leave for the exit of the cavern and she needed to do it fast before Can was hurt. No sooner had she stood up did she begin to hear her name being called out from below.

"Sanem Aydin. We know you are here. Your protector has no wish to die and has told us you yet live. If it is your wish to repay him for his service you will show yourself now. Otherwise he will forfeit his life for nothing as soon you will either starve or we will find you. I have no desire to hurt you. My one goal is to return you to your betrothed and collect my coin. You have my word".

Sanem couldn't breathe. She felt dizzy and sweaty all over. She needed to calm herself down and control her emotions. She knew in her heart that Can would never give her up and so she also knew that Fabri was not to be trusted with her life or Cans. She was out of options and left with only the choice to trust the boy Pierre. Inshallah he would prove to be a friend and not a foe.

Pierre waited for Sanem at the caverns exit and when she didn't come out he decided to go and find her. Can was unconscious after taking two sever beatings and he was sure that he didn't have the ability to withstand much more. As he approached the cavern Sanem stepped out. They both stared at each other and tentatively Pierre extended his hand to Sanem. After a moments hesitation she gave him her hand and he helped her down the steep rocky slope. Once they had reached the ground below he released her hand and told Sanem what was happening. He was thankful that Sanem was educated in French and therefore he could explain what he and Can had discussed and what she was to do. He informed her of the Capitanos habits and what to expect. He did his best to prepare her and explain what she needed to do and look for. She was terrified but calm. Understanding that they had one chance to get it right or risk all their lives. She thanked Pierre and told him that when they got out of this mess he would be welcome with them and their family if he chose. The boy looked away as his eyes welled up but then he nodded and told her where she should walk to and how it should take place. He explained one last thing that Can had told him. Under no circumstance was she to try and save him herself. He had a plan and she needed to trust in that. "Sanem Hanim...Can told me to tell you... never give up, never give in". Sanems heart almost broke and her face showed her attempts at controlling her emotions. She nodded and they walked on separating to the right and left as they approached the beach.