Chapter 18: Oh

Divya's POV

Tap. . .tap. . .tap. . .tap

"Stop," I grunted.

Tap. . .tap. . .tap. . .

"Stop it!" I gritted out.

Tap. . .tap. . .tap.

"Fucking stop it dammit!" I snatched the chopsticks out of Om's hand and snapped it into two.

I concentrated on cutting the onions into dice shaped without crying a river. I wiped a tear with the back of my hand sniffing.

"Mom it's done." I pushed the diced onions in front of her.

"What. . .is this? Is this what you call diced onions? It looks like you have butchered it to death." Om said confused while tossing and turning the onions. 

"Divya honey, it's. . . okay, you don't have to cook, here let me do it." Mom eyed the onions with a smile that looked more like a grimace.

"Okay, Okay I'm going, it was you people who had asked for my help." I removed the apron and left the kitchen after washing my hands.

I closed the door when I entered my room and let a tired smile takeover remembering yesterday's events.

A ping sound resonated in the silent room, my phone probably which was on the table beside the lamp.

Layla created a group chat including me, Kyla, Alexa, Nina, Deepti, and Shreya. The group had already exactly 473 messages. All messages were of them debating on that dogs are more adorable than cats, but Layla and Kyla were against it and dedicated at least 200 messages to it. Speaking of kittens, I haven't called Nicole for a long time.

I decided to face time her, it ringed a few times before she received it.

"Put that thing back in the closet, you dog!", Nicole screamed at someone, she was fuming and looked flushed.

The next second I heard a deep voice imitating a dog's bark, "Woof, Woof"
"Stay pup, Stay," She smirked at whoever was there.

"Nicole, should I call you later if you are busy?" I questioned. It was then she realized that she had received my call.

"Hey, babe, no it's fine just horny dogs roaming around." I heard a distant "Hey" and Nicole walked out of the room, I saw a man's silhouette but the camera shifted instantly so I could only see his hair which appeared to be...green, neon green to be specific.

"I'm going if you follow me you'll sleep on the floor." She warned the same person and moved away ignoring his protests. 

She sat on the couch and plugged her earphones,
"Hey, how are you?" She beamed at me showing her pearly white teeth.

"I'm fine, just missing your ridiculous self, anyway how is Nona?"

"She's fine now, she was in surgery a week back."

"Hmm, who are you living with?"

"Yeah about that, I was in an accident about a month ago. And before you say anything I'm perfectly fine though I can't say the same about the person I crashed into, I don't know if he was this crazy before or it was because he hit his head in the accident." She grumbled and I heard a distant voice, " Baby you drive me crazy."

I laughed at his response while Nicole didn't think it was funny and yelled him to get out.

"Anyway, What is going on there, How are you'll?", Ahh, now there is the Nicole I know, always up for gossip.