My foot step became slower as I see Lia laugh as she splashes water on Kai.

Kai looked shook, but splashes water back at her making Lia laugh out loud.

Unintentionally my eyebrows deep down and my chest tighten.

I should be cursing right now but I can't make things obvious between me and Kai instead I just watch them play around while I stay near the stairs.

"Yah! Yah! Don't play with water." Aunt shin hye scold then look at me. "Joy! Why are you just standing there." She says and Kai immediately looks up, His smile dropping while Lia keeps tossing water at him but stops when she realise he froze up then turns to me as well.

He's eyes stares straight at me as eater drip down from his hair to the bridge of his nose.

I shake my head and give a big smile before going to the other end towards my mom.

"Will you help me plant?" She ask as she sees me approaching and I nod going behind her and wrapping my arm around her waist as I bury my face on her back.

"That's not planting." My mom laughs. "I guess you really hate planting seeing how a tough girl like you is being a baby right now." She says as she pours water on the plant. "Okay, just help me pull out the other plant so we can transfer it." My mom continued talking while I just stayed in my position.

"Eomma." I say.

"Oh."

"I.. Know we fight a lot, but I.. Love you." I say and my mom chuckles.

"Waa... Is this joy talking. Where's my daughter." My mom says, holding my hand.

"Dont mind what happened this morning." I say and I feel my mom chest rise and fall.

"Of course." She says and turn to me.

I look down at my mom with a frown

Right, were not the sweetest family but I shouldn't embarrass or let her be mock in this family anymore.

Who cares if Lia and the guy I like is openly flirting. They can have each other

My mom grabs my cheek.

"Ayo!" She exclaimed. "I don't care about stuff like that anymore. And.. Sunmi already said her fiance would come over, ill show them!"

"What." I exclaimed shock.

"Yep." My mom smiles and then rub my head. "So don't worry about me."  She says and I nod before smilling.

"I'll go get some seed." I say and then rush towards where the seeds are place, behind the house.

As I pack seed in my bowl, someone grab my arm, forcing me to face them as they spin me around, the seed spilling.

"Yah-" I was about to snap only to face a angry Kai.

"What are you doing." He ask, his voice calm but his  face expression was pissed.

"Wh-what so you mean. Getting seed to plant. Which you.. spilled" I mutter looking down not being able to face him as he keeps staring daggers at me.

"Look at me." He says and I hiss.

"What.." I push him to the side but he pulled me back, lifting my face up.

"What.." I looks around.

"You're... You're really annoying." He says then walks away.

"What?" I shout after him dumbfounded.

After staying in my position for a while sighing, I walk back to the field to see Lia almost sobbing while Kai walks away from her.

She then falls on her knee,  sobbing hard.