Chapter 24

"Kai."

"Hmm." He answered, his gazed still focused on the road.

I twist my lips contemplating if I should say it.

Remembering my message with my mom, I just don't know what I'll do. Why is life so frustrating.

"What is it?" Kai ask and just knowing my mom isn't in a good mood, especially with our message back in the hotel, I just didn't know if what I'll ask him would put him in a good situation.

-
Joy: Mom, should I come.

Messaging that was dumb but it was the only thing I wanted to ask.

Mom: Are you okay.

Once I saw her, I immediately replied back, hoping this conversation would go well.

Joy: yeah.

Mom: have you broken up with your boyfriend?

I sigh from frustration, once I saw her reply. Its not going the way I want!

Joy: Mom! He isn't a bad guy!

Mom: I don't care. Break up with him then come home.

Even though I didn't want to say it, I wanted to trigger her to make me come home.

Joy: Then I'll just live with him if you don't want me to come home.

I smack my head for actually saying something like that.

Mom: Joy! Don't play with me! You better don't live with a boy! Where did you sleep last night!

Joy: his apartment. Where do you want me to stay? The street?

Mom: Yes! Sleep on the street! At least I'd feel more at ease! Who knows what you guys must have done at his place and how old is this guy!? Don't tell me you're with a 30+ guy or something.

Joy: I could get rape on the street by guys I don't know! At least I know him and he isn't like that. He's 18. I don't date old guys,wth😑

Mom: Was he's parents home?

Joy: He lives alone.

Mom: where is his parent. Weren't they in their home.

Joy: I don't know! He has his own place.

Mom: So no adult was at home! He's 18? And he has his own apartment? Joy you better not be lying to me.

Joy: I'm serious!

Mom: if you are not careful, you'll end up like your sister!

She always compared me to Sunmi for being dumb, but which sister was she comparing me to for dating.

Joy: Who?

Mom: You sister Sunmi, she's pregnant!

My eyes widen at her message. It then hit me, with all the symptoms Sunmi was showing, it never came to mind that she was pregnant. She never dates. Like never.