Chapter 26

Sunmi and Kai got down of the car as well, both of them slow their pace as they walk to stand beside me.

We all stare at my mom who just had a straight face as she stare back at us.

"I'm back." Sunmi says and bow before rushing inside with her head hung low, my mom move to the side letting her in the gate.

Did she just.. Leave us.

I felt a hand rest on my back and slowly push me forward, turning my head to look at Kai, I mouthed "what?"

He looks back and me and slowly nod, as if he was begging me to make the first step.

Wasn't he the one who wanted to do this?

A evil thought then appears on my mind.

He wants me to go first uh.

"Eomma, I'm back." I bow and rush forward immediately, running inside the house.

I hung my head as I pass my mom who was slowly giving me the killer look as I entered our small gate.

Once I passed my mom, I look back to see Kai staring at me, like he wanted to curse out but of course my mom was there, which makes him hold himself back as he looks around, then bow immediately and started rushing towards the gate as well.

My mom just stood still with her arms folded as Kai pass her, respectfully bowing as he hung his head low.

"You're so dead." He mouthed between gritted teeth, Once he pass my mom stares.

Shrugging at him while I try to contain my laughter, I remove my shoe and opened the door of the house, the warm atmosphere of our house immediately heating me up from the cold weather.

I immediately rush to my room and close the door, leaving Kai alone.

Opening the door a bit, I peep to see what he'll do.

Once he entered the house, he started looking around, the empty house.

"Joy." He whispered yelled as he search around for me. "Joy."

I try to contain my smile as he nervously looks around, like a lost boy.

He's so cute, I swear!

"Who are you?" My dad suddenly appears out of the kitchen with a newspaper in his hand.

"Uh, annyeonghaesayo." Kai immediately bows once he turns around and spotted my dad, while he rubs his palms on his jeans nervously.

Why did he even bother, if he is this nervous.

"Who are you exactly?" My dad ask, lowering his newspaper.

"Uh, I'm.. I'm Kai, I'm.. Um, Joy's friends I mean bo-boyfriend." He says, while he rubs the back of his head.

I could feel his nervousness from here as my dad just stares at him, without emotion.

The door of the house opens and my mom walks in, removing her jacket and hanging it on the wall.

Kai turns around and bows at my mom but my mom raise her hand, signaling him to stop.

"Follow me." She sternly says, as she pass him and my dad and headed to the kitchen.

"You should help him." Sunmi voice made me jump from fear, turning around to face her while I clenched my chest.

"You scared the dog out of me." I let out a breath but then immediately glared at her when i remembered what she did to me in the car. "YOU-"

"Let's go to the kitchen, don't you want to know what mom and dad would tell him, you know how weird they can be." She interrupts my growl and immediately grab my shoulder, forcing me out of the room.