Chapter 35

Hearing the word girlfriend, I immediately looked at my back at see Kai, a calm yet deadly expression on his face as he gazes at Jackson.

"Wow! Dude I was just-" Jackson stutter as he explained. "I.. I wasn't flirting or anything!" Jackson defends himself.

"You keep wrapping your arms around her. Watch yourself." Kai warns and my hearts start pounding, my palms sweating all of a sudden.

"Well.. I didn't know she was dating anyway. Anyways.. I'll get going. Bye Joyce." Jackson say and Kai suddenly scoffs.

"Her name is Joy. Not Joyce by the way." He says cockily to Jackson.

"Bro. All right. I was.." Jackson slowly stutters as he nervously takes a step back from us. He looks at me and nudge his head. "I'll see you around Joyce.. I mean joy! Joy!" He corrects himself immediately as if a dog will bite him if he says my name wrong.

"O-okay. I'll see you.. Around" I stutter myself, the feeling of Kai's arm around my shoulder and the way he stood close to me made my heart stumble around.

I watch Jackson rush down the road then I remember of what Kai did.

girlfriend?

I admit, I was feeling high, like i just took drug, I was feeling special and.. I was feeling like.. Kai liked me.

But isn't he always like this!

And he has already told me what I am to him.

A good company. A good company he doesn't want to let go even though he knows my feelings and can't return it.

He knows I like him!.. He knows I really like him, I've told him that even though it was embarrassing but he keeps doing things that makes me like him even more but as no plan to take responsibility for my feelings.

He is selfish.. And I'm a idiot to be feeling fluttered right now.

Sighing, I grip his arm and rip it off my shoulder before turning around to glare at him.

"What do you think you are doing?" I say harshly to him. He looks at me and starts blinking like he was confused himself.

It was cute...

Shut up joy!!!!

"I said what are you doing?!" I snap at him, I had to stop acting like a lovesick bird.

Does he think I'll keep acting like a lovesick person, chasing after someone that doesn't even like me.

"I.." He trial off. "I.." He then focus his gaze on my annoyed one but eventually looked down, well everywhere except at me.

"Kai.." I call out.

"Hmm." He looks up.

"I said what are you doing?" I ask him, a bit calmer now, it wasn't anger but I was curious.

Why did he do that.

He takes his bottom lips in between his teeth and shut his eyes in a confused yet embarrassed way.

Is he... Being shy right now?

"Do you.." he starts off and looks at me. "I was just trying to help, I thought he was a perv." He says and I look at him in disbelief.

"But I just told you about him. He is just someone who wants me to listen to his music. And why do you even care? Look, I agreed to be known as your girlfriend so you can be close to Rose, cause she won't hang out with you except you are in a relationship. But Jackson doesn't know Rose right? You don't even know Jackson, so why tell him I'm your girlfriend when I'm not. You can't be telling everyone I'm your girlfriend when I'm not!" I ranted, pouring out all my frustration.