Chapter 3

"Uh?" I say dumbfounded. Its not really the reply I expected.

"I said because she's cute." He repeated.

"Uh."

"I like her." The whole class gasped or immediately started whispering to each other. Kai just sat there His arm folded, and a dull expression on his face while I was still leaning on His desk, dumbfounded.

"B-but.." Before I could finish my word, someone pulled me by the arm and soon I was stumbling out of class with my arms in Rose's hand.

Once we were far away from class, she let go of me. I was scared to face her, I was scared to see her reaction but I still faced her and she didn't look pleased with my help.

"Why did you do that?" She ask softly, looking at me straight in the eye. I look away trying to avoid her gaze.

I never thought I'll be ashamed for helping someone.

"I.. Just wanted to help yo_"

"Did I ask for it." Her words hurt, because she didn't look at me like a angry bitch who was just always a bitch but she looked at me like I was the mean bitch here.

"He was being rude, you shouldn't.. You shouldn't  let him treat you like that." I tried to defend myself but it wasn't doing me any good cause now she looked like she was on the verge of crying.

"Do you know how hard it was for me to finally have friends. All I had to do was just avoid one guy and not get on Jennie's bad side but you ruined that." She looks up, as if forcing her tears to not fall.

I can't believe I feel so bad for helping someone.

After her tears seems to subside, she looks back at me and says

"Look, I'm thankful for what you did, trying to be a hero but maybe you shouldn't just jump into someone's business like that especially when you're not asked to." After saying that she turned around and left me hanging.

I stood there for what felt like hours, trying to process what just happened.

I just wanted to help..
S

oon my eyes started tearing up.

I just wanted to help..

Running to the bathroom with tears now falling down my eyes.

I hate this feeling. That moment when your good deed is seen as a bad intention. Did she think I helped her just to show off or something.

On my way to the restroom, I bumped into someone.

"I'm sorry." I sniffed taking a step back from the person.

"Are you okay." The person says and I immediately look up with my teary eyes when I realised it was a boy I bumped into, but when my gaze met his, I also realized who he was.

Jungkook. Rose's boyfriend.

I immediately look down, wiping my tears.

"Yeah.. Yeah.. I'm fine." I sniffed.

"Here." He says and I look at the blue handkerchief in his hand.