Chapter 23

Slowly waking to the sound of someone's heartbeat, I shut my eyes back slowly because of the bright light, before opening it again, the sight of a gray painted roof appears and it made me confused since my house isn't painted gray, neither does it give this fancy vibe.

I then realize I'm beside someone and the heart beat beating on my ear, immediately looking up to see who's beside me, the sight of Kai sleeping appears and I couldn't help but freeze.

What the-

I then noticed our position, the way he had me wrapped against his chest, and the way I was my arms wrapped around his waist.

Oh my- why is Kai beside me.

I sat up immediately which makes Kai eyebrow furrow in confusion until he slowly opens his eyes.

I stared at him stunned as he slowly wakes up, his gaze meeting mine.

"Do- Do you want to die? Why are you beside me." I stutter once his eyes was fully open, nervousness taking over me.

"You are the one beside me."he simply replies.

"Uh?"

"Don't you remember?" His word makes a memory flash in my mind.

As slowly as I started remembering, the more my eyes widen.

"Oh." I say, remembering everything I did last night.

"Oh." He micmicks me then sits up, a small smile appearing on his lips, his effect on me happening again. The want to even just run my hand through his rough hair or to kiss his lips or to hug him, those feelings I had last night.

The fact that he came from me, made me wonder... What exactly does he think about me.

What am I to him?

I couldn't remove my gaze from his and neither did he remove his gaze from mine.

"If you take my money! My boyfriend will call the police on all of you!"

Some specific memory appearing in my mind clearly. Some really embarrassing memory.

"Your mine.. Okay."

Embarrassment crawls on my skin as I remember what I said. I look away from his gaze, feeling embarrassed.

We literally just got into a fight last night and the same me did all that last night!

I even went and sleep beside him in the couch. But he came back for me.. does he..

"Rose."

I then remember the way he called out Rose nake while higging me, whuch made my heart sting in any possubel way.

Jerk.

Immediately standing up from the couch and climbing over him, i rush for the bathroom but remembered i dont know where.

Clenching my fist, i furiosly turn to Kai.

"Where is the bathroom?" I ask, not hiding my annoyance.

He stares at me for what seems like forever.

Those stares, those unreadable stares, that makes my heart beat like crazy and makes me flush.

"Can you stop doing that!" I shout at him, feeling my face heat up.

Why does he stare at people like that when he doesnt even like them.

Worst part, i still dont know what those stares mean.