55

"Logan, where are you going?!" Voices screamed out after him as the hurt yet determined young genius calmly walked down the halls. He still had bandages wrapped around his torso. He had bruising around his neck and cuts on his arms and face from when he tumbled but he didn't stop walking. Remy and Thomas were left to chase after him as he refused to acknowledge their calls. "Logan, you need to rest."

"No, I NEED to rescue the prince from his love-blind stupidity," Logan mumbled as he fixed his glasses securely on his face. "Remus is using Roman. I need to find them before Roman does something idiotic."

"Logan, Roman isn't as stupid as you..." Logan froze spinning around and glaring over at Remy causing both of the others to freeze in shock.

"He is when it comes to Virgil." Logan walked off not even bothering to wait for a response. He had to hurry or else... "Virgil?" Logan froze in place seeing the 'dark prince' standing there with Emile. "What..."

"EMILE!" Emile's eyes shot wide as Remy ran passed logan slamming into the other who cried out scaring the sandman. "Emile, what happened to you? Did Remus do this? How did you escape? How..."

"Remy, please step back." Virgil's eyes narrowed seeing Logan step out in front of everyone as Remy did what he was told, hesitantly of course. Virgil sighed as he nudged Emile towards Thomas who wasted no time in pulling him away. "Virgil."

"Logan." Virgil frowned seeing Logan's eyes narrow. "I don't have time for..." 

"How did you escape?" Virgil tensed as he Logan slowly pulled his glasses off revealing them to be glowing lavender. "I can't fight you. Especially in this state. But I will do what I must to protect those I care about. Now tell me..." White marks began to show on Logan's arms as Virgil bit his lip. "How did you escape?"

"I just... Remus wasn't there. I don't know how I got out." Logan frowned as Virgil started to shake. "I was trapped in a mirror... A magic mirror replica."

"How'd you get out?"

"I don't know." Virgil growled as he clenched his fists. "I don't have time for this. I have to get to Roman."

"I don't think s..." Logan was slammed into the wall as Virgil glared at him with bright glowing green eyes, his wing pressed against Logan's chest. Logan's eyes went wide seeing Virgil's hair on fire as the prince punched the wall burning it with the flames that covered his arm. 

"I am going to save the man I love and if anyone tried to stop me I will roast them..." Virgil's voice warped under the immense magical aura he was inadvertently letting off. "Do you understand Logan?" Logan just smirked making Virgil narrowed his eyes in confusion.

"Of course. I just had to make sure I was talking to the real you." Virgil stepped back letting his wings fold behind him as the flames died down a bit. "I spotted the 'other you' with a Dr. Facilier's talisman. I had to be sure you weren't Remus."

"I'm not." Virgil started to turn around as Logan grabbed his arm stopping him.

"Have you seen Deceit?" Virgil's eyes went wide as Logan's eyes shined. "I'm worried. I just... I don't want to find out we lost anyone. We're all we have."

"What do you mean? Has Deceit not contacted any of you?" Logan's eyes darkened and Virgil frowned.

"I haven't seen him in over a day. Virgil, he looked like he was dying. Roman and Thomas both thing he did die. Are you sure you haven't seen him?" Virgil's eyes darkened as he pulled his arm away.

"I'm sorry. I don't have time for this, Logan." Virgil's wings spread out sending a just of wind cascading through the place. "I have to stop Remus."

"I thought you said you were weak?" Logan called out making Virgil frown. "Are you sure you can..."

"I may be weak, Logan..." Virgil's eyes glowed deviously as the dark prince smirked. "But I'm strong enough to beat Remus."

"Good. Keep saying that Virgil." Logan smiled as he stepped back. "Because you're not weak in the slightest. Just remember we aren't our parents." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Logan stuffed his hands into his pockets. "We aren't on the isle. If given a choice..." Logan met Virgil's eyes with this look and Virgil couldn't help but start to smile. "Do what you think is right?" Virgil nodded letting his wings push him up into a hover.

"Logan... I need your help still." Logan nodded as he fixed his glasses as Virgil pointed off into the horizon. "Remus had us at his mother's old cabin... Blue and Prince."

"Say no more." Virgil smiled as Logan bowed with a smile. "I will bring them home. Now hurry and save your love, Virgil." 

"Thank you." Virgil took off skyrocketing into the air with streams of blue flames to follow after him.

"You've never actually been here..." Remus called out still disguised as Virgil, as he stared at the giant golden gate that towered before them. He was in awe. Remus just stared as he walked around. "The seven dwarves built this with faires to help with the magic. The wall took a whole year to complete. Isn't it beautiful?" Roman frowned as he glanced over at him.

"I never really considered a prison to be beautiful." Remus laughed as he waved Roman off. "Prisons aren't something I tend to think of fondly."

"Oh hush, It's absolutely stunning." Remus frowned seeing Roman giving him this odd look. "What?"

"Nothing." Roman's eyes narrowed as Remus shrugged moving as close as he could without touching the barrier. "I don't think Remus..."

"Maybe he already went inside?"

"That isn't possible." Remus frown as he shot his brother this look. "There would have been a sign or..."

"Patton went in with a car and took four VKs home with him." Roman's eyes darkened as Remus looked back at the gate and stepped back. "Surely one guy going in would be far easier to mask."

"I don't know..." 

"What's gonna happen?" Roman sighed as Remus tried to offer him a comforting smile. "I just... If Remus is in there that means he can get out too right?" Roman nodded as his eyes slowly widened. "That means anyone can get out. We need to make sure. Not only to help him but to make sure no other villain breaks out."

"Damn... I just don't think opening the gate is a good thing." Remus frowned as he hugged himself trying to 'slip into character'. "I think if anything we should..."

"Oh... ok. I see. So all of this was for nothing then." Roman faltered as Remus began to 'cry'.

"Virgil, that's not what I... Fine. Ok. You're right. What's the worst that could happen?" Roman turned towards the gate searching his pockets for the device as Remus smirked. He held his arms up and narrowed his eyes as his mace appeared in his hands.

"I'm sorry about this." Roman slowly glanced back holding the device in his hands as his eyes met with Remus's. 

"I knew something felt wrong." Remus laughed as he poised himself to attack. Suddenly he was knocked onto his back sending his mace tumbling away. A demonic growl sounded above him as he was met with glowing green eyes he had expected to be in a mirror still.

"Virgil?" Remus smiled awkwardly as Virgil grabbed the talisman ripping it off of him and igniting it in his grasp.

"Touch Roman and I will rip your head off and send your soul to burn in hell with my father." Remus's eyes went wide as Virgil leaned in closer with a smirk, revealing razor-sharp fangs. "Understand?"