29

Roman sat there... just staring. He hadn't moved at all since they brought Virgil in. Thomas had assured him it was just a simple spell. That what Emile did was entirely reversible and left no damages but Virgil has yet to wake up. Blue laid there curled up beside the boy, nestled into the creek of his neck as they both slept. All the while Prince stood guard watching the door to make sure everyone remained safe.

Roman still just sat in the chair. He missed his test. He knew that. He knew that test was a large some of his grade... meaning he failed most likely. He didn't care. Even if he did go he would never have passed it anyway. He was far to worried about Virgil to focus on anything.

He didn't sleep a wink. He just sat there waiting to hope for Virgil to wake up. It wasn't good. Virgil was having such a hard time breathing. He was so drained and on top of that wouldn't stop coughing. Thomas said Emile most have a toxic aura like his mother. The hole... poisoned apple thing. He promised Roman it was a simple fix. That Virgil just needed meds. It wasn't an actual curse so there was nothing to break. He just needed time.

Roman sighed as his hands started to shake. He should have done something. He should have... he should've stopped Emile instead or just... something. Then Virgil wouldn't be lying in a stupid infirmary bed. Prince whimpered slightly looking over at Roman who, to anyone looking, appeared as if he was just waiting patiently for some news in silence. However to those who knew him... especially Prince, he was breaking apart, losing himself in the fear and worry. His one hand gripped the arm of the air so tight his knuckles were white, however his face held no expression. 

He was pissed. Completely irrefutably pissed. Not at Emile, who had spent the better half of last night beside him sobbing as he choked out broken apologies over something he didn't have full control over. No, he wasn't angry at Emile at all... 

but at himself.

He should have done more.

"What is going on?!" Romans frowned as his eyes moved to the door. It was muffled but the sound of someone yelling next door was obvious. Meaning Deceit had a visitor. Roman had seen Patton rush in with Deceit in his arms literally shaking like a leaf. Roman didn't know what had happened and as much as he did care about Deceit his thoughts could not tear themselves away from Virgil.

Roman started singing. Well, resumed singing. Throughout the night as Roman's nerves plummetted he'd start singing. mainly small lullabies that his mother used to sing to the twins until he ran out of those and started singing whatever song came to mind. He was fraying. He was never good at this... this waiting thing. Not when it came to people he cared about. When Remus had to go to the hospital for falling off a tree Roman just sat there and cried the entire time Remus was gone. Now that it's Virgil... Roman doesn't really feel at all there... at all alive in the moment. 

Playing this stupid game of... get to know the cursed guy, is eating up at him. Mainly because he isn't cursed anymore. He already broke the spell. But he was scared that if he told Virgil that then he would push him away. Whether in anger over being lied to... if fear... or just something.

It scared him so much... because he loves him so much.

"R-Ro?" Roman pressed the bottoms of his palm into his temples as he just sat there humming to himself with his eyes close. "Ro..." He was so worried and pissed he didn't even notice Virgil sit up. 

Virgil smiled softly as he watched Roman. He would've called out to him again to get his attention but he didn't. He looked up to find Thomas coming in so he shot the headmaster a look putting a finger to his lips as Thomas looked over at Roman. The Prince was practically supporting himself at this point. If he was still up, he wouldn't before long. Virgil suppressed a hushed laugh as Thomas made his way over.

"How are you feeling, Virgil?" Thomas started to check him over, taking his temperature and things as Virgil just shrugged. 

"I'm ok. It wasn't anything too bad." Thomas smiled as Prince yipped and begged to be up with Virgil. The boy just laughed as he reached over picking the puppy up as he literally got attacked with kisses.

"Seem's like someone was worried about you." Virgil nodded as his eyes went to Roman, who at this point had leaned back against the chair obviously asleep.

"He's not only one." Thomas sighed as he sat down on the bed beside him. "How long has he been here?"

"He never left." Thomas narrowed his eyes as Virgil petted Prince with a sad look. "What's wrong, Virgil?"

"It's nothing." Virgil smirked as Prince began to paw at his hands. "I'm just not use to this... t-to him being so..." Virgil let out a shakey breath as he smiled looking up at the sleeping prince. "...I can't even describe."

"Yes well, Roman has always been... indescribable." Thomas smiled as he shrugged. "Roman is a prince in character. That's just how his personality. He's kind and caring... loyal and protective. It made sense he got a dog as a familiar. To those around him, he's always willing to help. To those he feels is a danger he's never afraid to protect everyone from, standing up to the challenge. And to those he cares for... Roman fussed slightly as Thomas smiled sadly. "He'd move heaven and earth together for them if he had to. "

"That's the thing though Thomas. I'm not used to it. Roman's so sweet, it takes me by surprise. The things he says with full confidence..."

"You better watch yourself young one or he'll have you falling from him in no time." Thomas laughed as Virgil's eyes narrowed. That was the problem though... 

Roman started fussing again this time drawing Prince's attention who whined before yipping like crazy. Roman's face scrunched up in annoyance as he shifted a bit but Prince didn't stop. He didn't stop because his job was to protect Roman and those he cares for... that includes from nightmares.

"Prince... shh." Roman muttered exhaustedly. "Dadssssleeping." Virgil had to choke back the laugh as Roman slurred his words. Roman moved till his face was face down in his arm draped over the arm of the chair.  Prince didn't stop though. Not even Virgil could stop him who was trying to quiet the pup down. Roman held up a finger point of in the direction Prince was barking, who stop immedatly as wagged his tail knowing he had won. "En Gaurd." Prince jumped off the bed trotting closer to Roman before standing up on his back legs. Roman smirked as he lifted his head up a bit to see Prince standing at attention. Roman moved his hand up as if about to 'slash' the pup with his finger like a sword. "Attack." Roman gestured with his hand as if slashing the dog who pushed his hand away with both paws before yipping happily. Roman just smiled as he petted his pup. His head went down again which made Prince yip more. "I'm up. I'm up. I get it." Roman laughed as he yawned stretching himself out before watching Prince run to Virgil's bed. He froze up instantly looking up to find those beautiful purple and blue eyes looking back with a smile. "Virgil?"

"I tried to keep him quiet, he didn't want to listen." Roman looked over to see Thomas chuckling to himself as Virgil smirked. "You've already trained your dog a trick." Roman smiled as tears filled his eyes. He slowly pushed himself up making his way over as Thomas got up to leave. Virgil just watched with a grin as Roman sat down on the bed beside him. "You're such a weird one you know that?"

"How are you feeling, Virgil?" Virgil's smile fell but only a little because he knew just how tired Roman was. The fact that Roman had stay with him the whole time... and he looked so exhausted. 

"I'm still a small bit tired." Roman nodded as he glanced over at the clock.

"Well, I could let you rest some more. Your support to betting better so..." Virgil grabbed Roman's arm making him freeze as Virgil started pulling him. "Virgil?" Virgil shifted around a bit to make room as he held Roman close.

"Stay with me." Roman's eyes went wide as his tears finally started to spill. He smiled softly as he wrapped his arms around Virgil hold him just as close.

"Ok."