48

Roman was practically tearing the place apart. Well not really. The object was to find something to help get him back not make him even angrier. Roman frowned as he searched through his drawers. He had to admit he felt bad. It felt like he was invading not only his brother's privacy but Deceits too, who is STILL missing by the way. 

"Haven't found anything?" Roman spun around to find Virgil standing there and he frowned. "What have you been doing?"

"Virgil, you went to the bathroom..." Roman sighed as he shrugged in annoyance at himself. "... not across the kingdom. You weren't gone that long."

"I know that." Virgil pierced his lips as he looked around. His eyes landed on the nightstand and darkened. "Why's Cassidy's hat here?"

"What?" Roman turned to follow Virgil's gaze finding Deceit's hat really was on the nightstand. Virgil slowly made his way over and picked it up with a sad look in his eyes. "Maybe... Maybe Dee isn't dead?" Virgil's only darkened more as Roman sighed. "Or well, he wasn't at some point."

"I told you, Remus may be acting like a villain but he would never hurt Cassidy." Virgil's hands gripped the hat tightly as he just stared at it with growing confusion. "I'm worried though, Roman. Caz never takes this off."

"Well, if Remus did break up with him, maybe Deceit would be here to tell us what's going on?" Roman huffed as he grabbed Deceits hat tossing it on to the bed with a look annoyance. "Remus never should have attacked in the first place. I have no idea what is..."

"So we're back to hating Remus then?" Virgil narrowed his eyes as Roman frowned.

"No, we're back to saying Remus done fucked up." Virgil's eyes flashed as Roman spun around sifting through the things on the dresser. "When you're in pain or angry you don't just attack people."

"Oh that's rich coming from you." Roman froze up as Virgil mumbled under his breath. He glanced back to see Virgil still just looking at the hat but he shook himself from his thoughts and from.

"You're right... again. I have no right to say anything." Virgil frowned in confusion as Roman sat back on the bed. "I just don't know what to think, Virgil. One minute I'm worried about him. He's clearly in pain. He worked his ass off for something and then got told it never would have mattered. And then the next minute I'm pissed off beyond belief for what he did to you and Deceit, if what he said is true. I don't even know what happened to the others. I'm scared, Virgil." Roman rested his head in his hands as he let out a broken laugh. "I'm scared. I'm scared because I don't know what he's capable of doing. I'm scared because I don't want to lose people. I'm scared because... because I don't want to lose him."

"You won't. If we can talk some sense into him that is." Virgil sighed as he pulled the nightstand drawer open. "Come on, Roman. Let's get back to looking." Roman smiled as Virgil beamed over at him. "The sooner we find something, the faster we'll get to figuring out how to bring him back." 

Roman laughed as he jumped up to join the search. He didn't know how long they were looking but soon enough he looked back to find Virgil yawning. He hadn't realized just how drained Virgil was getting.

"Hey, Virgil? Why don't you go res..." Virgil shook his head as he started to look under the bed. "Virgil, you won't find anything under..."

"FOUND SOMETHING!" Virgil jumped up holding a crumbled note and Roman faltered. 

"Wait seriously?" Virgil nodded enthusiastically as he handed it over. Roman's eyes scanned the note as his eyes darkened with every word. 

"What does it say?" Roman sighed defeatedly as he shook his head. "Roman, what's wrong?"

"It's a... a journal entry of some sort." Virgil frowned in confusion as Roman held the paper tightly. "Remus isn't... he hasn't been ok for a very long time." The mood of the room just seemed to drop as Roman stared at the paper. "I don't think we can get him back, Virgil."

"You have to try. Did it say anything at all?" Roman shook his head as he passed the paper over to Virgil. Virgil groaned quitely as he read it over only to pause and look up at Roman who was clearly upset. "Why don't we try the Isle?"

"What? Why?" Virgil rolled his eyes as he handed the letter back. "Remus wrote that he felt like he belonged over there than here. So... maybe he's trying to go there?"

"How would that work?" Virgil just shot Roman an annoyed look as he rubbed his temple as if he had a headache. 

"I don't know. How do you normally get on the Isle?"

"We have these devices... it's like a remote but..." Roman's eyes went wide as he ran out of the room. Virgil frowned just sitting there on the bed until Roman pocked his head back in with an embarrassed laugh. "Sorry, I got excited. You go back to my room and rest Virgil. I'll come get you when I've figured out a plan."

"Do you... do you mind walking me?" Roman's eyes widened as Virgil slowly walked over to him. "I don't know. I just... I don't really want to be alone."

"Of course, Virgil." Roman pulled the smaller one in as he carefully led Virgil back to his room. When they got there Virgil pulled away with a tired smile. "Go on and rest, Virgil. It's going to be ok. I love you." Virgil yawned tiredly as he opened the door waving Roman off only to freeze. A look of fear crossed his face as his eyes darted around the room. "Virgil? What is it?"

"Where's Blue?" Roman frowned as he walked in hoping to keep Virgil calm. 

"He was on in the ne..." Roman froze seeing the nest destroyed. The window was closed and things were thrown about clearly showing signs of struggle. Something happened... 

"Roman, where's Blue?" Roman pulled Virgil in again as the darker prince shook like mad. "Roman?"

"Shh, it's ok. It's going to be ok, Virgil."

"B-But he could be hurt. Roman, he could get sick. If he's not with me for to long a time..." Virgil's eyes went wide in terror as he clung to Roman for dear life. "He could end up triggering a 'Denial' response. Roman, what if Remus took him?"

"It's going to be ok?" Roman frowned looking over at the small dog bed and felt his chest twinged. "We'll find him?"

"W-Where's Prince?" Roman tensed as he pulled away feeling his anxiety crash into him. "I-I haven't seen him at all since the party. Roman, you don't think..." Roman smiled trying to mask his own growing free as he tried desperately to calm Virgil down as the poor boy cried. "You don't think Remus..."

"He's fine. I saw him not that long ago. My mother has him." He was lying through his teeth but at this point, he just wanted Virgil calm. Virgil nodded sadly as he leaned back into Roman's arms. "It's going to be ok, Virgil. I won't let anything happen. I promise..." Roman held him close feeling his own tears beginning to well up. "I love you."

"I know..."