Chapter 88

Seth (POV)
Carla- I've got a plan to get us within range.

Seth- Say what?Carla- As with any home of a paranoid ruler, when it was originally constructed, there was a tunnel built as an escape route which links up with the mine shaft just outside of the city wall

Seth- Say what?
Carla- As with any home of a paranoid ruler, when it was originally constructed, there was a tunnel built as an escape route which links up with the mine shaft just outside of the city wall. 
Wendy- There is?
Mandy- And how to do you know?
Carla- It's just in my head. It's coming to me in little bits and pieces. From the moment we first stepped foot in Edolas, it is as though I have a mental map slowly being filled in.
Lucy- If we can find that tunnel, then we may have a real shot at getting close enough to the king.
Natsu- All right! Let's get inside that old gezzers head!
Wendy- Let's go!
Happy- Aye sir!
Carla- Not yet. We'll go under the cover of night. Until then we should try to get some rest and Seth would you please change your eyes back to normal? It won't do you any good being upset. On any normal circumstances, you would've probably destroyed a bunch of city blocks with your magic pressure alone.
Seth- Fine. (Calms down and eyes go normal) I'm going to bed. Wake me when it's time.
I head off to a bed and flop in it and fall asleep.
Timeskip
I'm woken up my little sis Wendy and she said it was time. Right now all of us are running down the streets of the Royal City under the night sky. We eventually make it outside the city.
Carla- We should be arriving at the tunnel any minute now.
Soon enough, we make it to the mine.
Wendy- Is this it?
Carla- Yes I'm positive.
Natsu- Alright in we go.
Carla- Wait.
Natsu- Again with the stopping?!
Carla- I understand that time is of the essence trust me, but we will need a source of light in the tunnel.
Natsu- Ok! One torch coming right-
Seth- Our magic doesn't work here remember?
Natsu- Uh.....Oh man.
Seth- (notices Lucy holding something) Whatcha got there Luce?
Lucy- I got us torches. I grabbed some sticks, wrapped them in cloth and dipped them in oil. All we gotta do is light these babies up.
Mandy- How are we supposed to do that?
Lucy- Good question.
Seth- Looks like we're doing this the old fashioned way.
And thus, me and Natsu started doing the old fashioned way.
Natsu- This has gotta be the most humiliating thing in my life.
Seth- We just gotta do what we gotta do.
Natsu- (breaks stick) Awh man! I suck at making fires!
Seth- Hah! For shame because I got one started.
Carla- I find ironic how the fire wizard couldn't even make a single spark.
Natsu- Hey we got Fire now so just drop it.
We light the torches and head inside. We're following Carla's lead as she's the one with the map.
Lucy- Looks like nobody's been here in awhile.
Seth- Yeah. Check out all the broken tools and stuff.
Carla comes to a halt.
Carla- Seth, put your light out in front of us.
Seth- Will do.
I extend my light and we see a wall

Carla- That's our link.
Lucy- (knocks on the wall) It seems pretty thick and I think it's fortified by some sort of magic.
Natsu- Does that mean it's a dead end?
Mandy- No it just means we gotta find a way through it.
Carla- I'm sure the passage to the castle is on the other side.
Happy- Guess we're gonna have to break it down.
Lucy- That's no problem because I know someone who can break this down. Open gate of the golden bull! Taurus!
Taurus gets summoned.
Seth- Oh hey buddy what's up.
Taurus- Nothing much but it's good to see you Seth.
Seth- Hey could you do us a favor and take out that wall over there? (Points to the wall)
Taurus- Sure thing. I'll make that wall vamoose.
After a few punches, Taurus breaks the wall down.
Seth- Well I'll be damned.
Wendy- There's a passageway.
Seth- Alright later Taurus.
Taurus- Bye for now.
He goes back to the celestial realm.
Carla- Whether this passage leads to the castle is yet to be seen.
Wendy- You've been right about everything else so far. I'm sure this where we wanna go.
I notice Mandy looking particularly frustrated and Happy looking down.
Seth- Hey what's wrong?
Indigo: play music here.
Mandy- I just don't get it!
Happy- How come we're not getting any maps in our head?
Mandy- All three of us are from Edolas and we supposedly got sent on the mission at the same time. So why, why I don't I know anything? Why I'm I kept in the dark?!
Carla- We agreed not to talk about that remember?
Mandy- No! This has been eating away at me ever since we got here!
Carla- I can't give you an explanation. That's just how it seems to be working out.
Lucy- For now we gotta keep moving forward.
Wendy- Mhmm.
Natsu- Right.
Mandy- Tch. Damn it all.
Indigo: Music stop and that's the end of this one. Hopefully you guys enjoyed it. Later indigo fam. Peace.